• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics hehe---My first harvest 7/21/09

Well, I thought I would post a pic of my first harvest....LOL My plants are all loaded with pods, but they are all still green except for these little ones. They are so puny. Hope ya'll enjoy...:lol:
Orange Hab, Jamaican Hot Chocolate(I think) and Anhehiem

DSCF3390.jpg

Looks about the size of my first harvest a few weeks ago. However the amount of pods now on each plants has more than doubled so it won't be long now!

good deal PF...just a matter of time now before everything starts ripening....get ready to process..

Woot. I'm just now getting color on one of my pods, so I'm envious of your wee harvest. Oh and that choccy hab is as cute as a button.

Nice mini harvest Pepperfreak! I too have been picking off runt sized pods lately. A bit frustrating personally, but I know the big harvest is yet to come. Soon I'll be running the dehydrator 24-7 too keep up hopefully!

Thanks guys...

BTW those wee little pods sure pack a mean punch. The other day I pick another Orange Hab that was nice and ripe, it was only about the size of a pea. Well, I thought since it was so tiny, it couldn't be too bad. WRONG! I actually think that it was hotter than a full grown hab. So, as luck would have it, I had about 6 grape tomatoes that were nice and red and I ended up having a salsa in my mouth. It was great.

thats the best PF...the absolute best...I got a bunch of tommy toes growing all around the peppers and do the same thing with them...

Pepperfreak said:
Thanks guys...

BTW those wee little pods sure pack a mean punch. The other day I pick another Orange Hab that was nice and ripe, it was only about the size of a pea. Well, I thought since it was so tiny, it couldn't be too bad. WRONG! I actually think that it was hotter than a full grown hab. So, as luck would have it, I had about 6 grape tomatoes that were nice and red and I ended up having a salsa in my mouth. It was great.

Sounds like we are about at the same place in our seasons Pepperfreak. I have picked 3 very small orange habs, a handful of ripe jalapenos and serranos, a few Kung Paos, and one green Naga so far. My tomatoes are also small. Things are looking up though as most of my plants are full of bigger green pods. Good luck with your next harvest. I just put all my pods and my one ripe tomato in a pot of chili tonight.

Back