Hello everyone from NC, USA.

Hello everyone. My name is Kendall Weaver and I'm an enthusiast of all things spicy. I live in Western North Carolina, am in my early 30's and I'm a software developer. I usually have at least a couple of business ventures going at any given moment these days so I'll spare you all the details. I'm engaged, have an uncommonly passive chihuahua, and spend more time and effort restoring old cast iron cookware than any reasonably amount of sense should dictate.

Anyway, I took a job when I was 16 working at a wholesale produce company where I was properly introduced to peppers and began experimenting with introducing them into my diet, creating rudimentary sauces, drying and crushing/grinding, etc. For the past few years I've been growing a few superhot plants each summer, mostly to make small batches of sauce and to take to my favorite Thai restaurant. This summer I went a little crazier than normal (for me anyway) and have a couple of 50 foot rows with several different varieties ranging from bells to scorpions.

I've been dialing in a few sauce recipes this past year and have been on the fence about starting another venture. I've mostly registered here as I've heard from several various online sources that the community here is both knowledgeable and supportive when it comes to such things.

Again, hello to everyone. I hope that in addition to gaining knowlege here, I'm able to contribute back in some meaningful way. Cheers, everyone.

:welcome:  to the THP forums!! You'll certainly want too check out the 'Hot Sauce Making' & 'Food Business' subsections of the forums- there indeed are many knowledgeable people that gladly share their knowledge/tips/wisdom. 

Back