Hello everyone

Hello, my name is Brian, I am an Australian living in the Philippines.
This country is very difficult to grow anything in. The days are short, the ground is not very good and the heat and humidity are hard to work in.
I have a problem everytime i grow peppers, leaves get dark, curl under, get hard and drop so if you can help that would be great.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20231221_104615.jpg
    20231221_104615.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 20231221_104510.jpg
    20231221_104510.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 29
Welcome! What is your growing area like, are they exposed to direct sun all day, do they receive some shade, are you feeding them? Any details you can think of.

Welcome! What is your growing area like, are they exposed to direct sun all day, do they receive some shade, are you feeding them? Any details you can think of.
Hello, yes sun all day, tropical conditions, so 31°C all day 26°C all night. The soil is conditioned but loses a lot due to so much rain. Lots of bug and ant problems. The soil is a bit strange, its clay like but drains very well. A lot of problems with bacterial wilt. But the main problem is there are no places to buy nutrients or shade cloth or anything for that matter, its the southern Philippines.

Yes of course I can order online, but it takes a fair amount of time to get here and quality is not the greatest. An example of that would be shade cloth, I ordered shade cloth which is UV safe, it lasted 6 weeks and blew away in the wind. Another example is i had some mail sent from Australia in early September and I still have not recieved it. Everything just takes time. Hahahaha but the people are good, the weather great but growing conditions are tough.

:welcome:

Hello, yes sun all day, tropical conditions, so 31°C all day 26°C all night. The soil is conditioned but loses a lot due to so much rain. Lots of bug and ant problems. The soil is a bit strange, its clay like but drains very well. A lot of problems with bacterial wilt. But the main problem is there are no places to buy nutrients or shade cloth or anything for that matter, its the southern Philippines.
Can you use organic things like manure or guano? Surprised there is not some sort of commercial fert available. If you don't mind sharing, how did an aussie end up in the philippines?

Last edited:
Hahaha I ended up here because I'm stupid. I thought a philippino woman would be different. Hahaha they are the same everywhere.
Single 58 years but no different.

Back