Hello from Cambodia!

After 5 years of living in Cambodia, I've decided to start growing peppers, amongst other things. Cambodia is the home of the bird's eye chili, but my aim is to grow some of the peppers that I haven't had access to, simply cause they aren't exported to Cambodia. So I'll be starting off with Jalapenos(Early & Jalapenos M) and Green chile(Big Jim)

My biggest challenge will be because Cambodia is technically the 3rd world. So getting access to a lot of the things that could probably help me, are proving to be difficult. Right now, I have access to top soil & compost. I'm getting perlite, due to there being a small number of hydroponic start-ups here, but I don't have access to peat moss, which is what i've gathered will make the potting soil ideal.

Right now i'm using all of the extra coconuts that are here to try and make some coco coir, but the it's proving to be a lengthy process and i'm not sure how much i'll have when I'm done.

On my side, I do have lots of sun and a long growing season. So hooray for living in the tropics!

Look forward to reading about everything I can do to grow the best fresh Jalapenos, Cambodia has seen!

oddballdeviant said:
Right now i'm using all of the extra coconuts that are here to try and make some coco coir, but the it's proving to be a lengthy process and i'm not sure how much i'll have when I'm done.

Found these helpfdul DIY links:

How to Make Coco Peat at Home
DIY: Make Coconut Coir, Potting mix at home for Plants - Video

FFMZ9PR.gif

:welcome: from the Pacific NorthWest, USA!

Back