Hello from Canary Islands

Hi all,

I´ve been browsing The Hot Pepper forum regulary and yesterday I decided to open an account.

Some of you may know me from other forums, from seeds trades or from business relations.

My name is Peter Merle

I´m owning the pepper seeds producing and selling company Semillas La Palma, located at El Paso, Isla La Palma, Canary Islands.
If you want to see my house and garden with the pepper green houses go to Google Earth at 28°37'55.40"N and 17°52'24.51"W

I´m holding a stock of more than 700 pepper varieties that have been grown under isolation
This year I´m growing around 350 varieties in 8 greenhouses.

Besides my combination of hobby and job I do cross trail running and there are plenty of training trails just behind my house.
Next event will be the Transvulcania May 12, one of the hardest ultratrail running events world wide: www.transvulcania.com

I hope I´ll have sufficient time to share my knowledge about hot peppers with you.

Best regards

Peter

Bienvenido Peter :welcome:

Siempre da gusto ver españoles por estos lares....

Igual te suena la variedad de mi foto jeje es un black habanero de los tuyos, de la cosecha del año pasado, tuve muy buen ratio de germinación y muy buena producción.

un saludo

:welcome: from the Netherlands. You have impressive variety list indeed, ordered a few a while ago which I'm growing now :)

Hi! I had a number of ancestors who moved to Louisiana in 1765 from the Canary Islands. I did a vicarage in El Paso also. I lived out in the eastern part back in 90. Best green chili stew there.

Peter,

Welcome to the forum.

My 2 Aji Russian Yellow Sprouts from your seeds are doing well. I'll post pics as soon as I get my camera back. I can't remember how I found your company. It may have been a random Google search. The Canary Islands are interesting for history enthusiasts like myself, as Columbus first sailed to the Canaries before "discovering" the Americas. I know he spent time on La Gomera. Did he spent any time on your island?

:welcome: from the PacificNorthWestUSA!
Bienvenido a THP, Peter - lo vi al 'website' vuestro; ¡Tienes una lista impresionante de variedades!

Peter,

Welcome to the forum.

My 2 Aji Russian Yellow Sprouts from your seeds are doing well. I'll post pics as soon as I get my camera back. I can't remember how I found your company. It may have been a random Google search. The Canary Islands are interesting for history enthusiasts like myself, as Columbus first sailed to the Canaries before "discovering" the Americas. I know he spent time on La Gomera. Did he spent any time on your island?

As far as I know, he prefered La Gomera, because he had a relation to
Beatriz de Bobadilla

who lived at Gomera.

Peter

Back