Hello from CT

Hi all!

I j'm Jo and just moved to CT (from Germany).
I've been growing Hot Peppers since several years now. My absolute favourites are of course the capsicum pubescens plants!
Due to the relocation, i was seeding my peppers for this year not until february. So I'm not sure, that i will get Rocotos this year :(.
In Germany, I had above 100 pepper varieties, but due to custom regulations, I now have only some few varieties in america. But I am very sure and curious that I will find exciting pepper varieties here as well!

Jo

welcome20fire20gif_zps5cgzbkcv.gif
....From Taxachusetts!

As to the seeds you left behind, did you leave them with someone or toss them? While you are correct, there is a 12 species limit to carry on board, you can import small quantities without a phytosanitary certificate.

NECM

`

What types of varieties did you leave behind? I am sure we can find them for you here to help pick up where you left off. Welcome to THP. What part of CT did you move to? I used to live in the farmington/west hartford area

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
welcome20fire20gif_zps5cgzbkcv.gif
....From Taxachusetts!

As to the seeds you left behind, did you leave them with someone or toss them? While you are correct, there is a 12 species limit to carry on board, you can import small quantities without a phytosanitary certificate.

NECM

`

Well, I left the seeds in a moving box, they are waiting for my return and are now part of a long lasting germination capacity experiment ;)

Thx for the info on the possibility to import small quantities of seed!

Blitz527 said:
What types of varieties did you leave behind? I am sure we can find them for you here to help pick up where you left off. Welcome to THP. What part of CT did you move to? I used to live in the farmington/west hartford area

Well, I mainly grew C. pubescens and C. baccatum (love them both !) varieties and some C. chinense. 
I don't like the typical C. annuum flavor and I also think that C. annuum plants are quite boring. So I didn't grow them munch, despite some "basic" stuff like Jalapenos.
I moved to the New Haven area!

Cadis said:

Well, I left the seeds in a moving box, they are waiting for my return and are now part of a long lasting germination capacity experiment ;)

Thx for the info on the possibility to import small quantities of seed!

So are they in Germany or in transit?

Good luck either way!

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

So are they in Germany or in transit?

Good luck either way!

... in Germany.

Don't want to get in conflict with the US customs authorities.

Cadis said:

Well, I mainly grew C. pubescens and C. baccatum (love them both !) varieties and some C. chinense. 
I don't like the typical C. annuum flavor and I also think that C. annuum plants are quite boring. So I didn't grow them munch, despite some "basic" stuff like Jalapenos.
I moved to the New Haven area!

I tried to stay away from new haven, went there a few times, always ended up in trouble somehow ..... :rolleyes: .... But i was usually in the "not so nice" parts of town LOL. Well good to have you here. Good luck with this years grow and Hopefully the seeds you left behind are in safe keeping until your return :)

Back