Hello from PepperJo of Pepper Joe's

[SIZE=17.5pt]Hi, folks! A few friends suggested that I do an official introduction on THP. So, hello![/SIZE]

[SIZE=17.5pt]You may have heard that Joe Arditi retired from Pepper Joe’s business. Allow me to confirm that rumor. He sold Pepper Joe’s to my husband and me this summer. We consider ourselves so lucky to have joined the hot pepper growing community. We've seen the passion, generosity, and kindness exemplified by "the good chilehead," and it's something we admire. We hope to bring our own contribution to that community.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=17.5pt]What can you expect from Pepper Joe’s now that we own it? Well, to be completely honest, we're still sorting that out. Buying a 25 year old pepper seed business brings many things of which to be proud (worldwide customer base, 80k followers on Facebook, and top 30 ranking on Dave’s Garden).  We're aware of the mixed reviews Pepper Joe's has received at times, and we aspire to earn more positive trust and momentum going forward.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=17.5pt]To that end, my name is Laura Jo, or "PepperJo." I'm a mom of three young kids, so you won’t see us posting anything that I’m not comfortable with them seeing (well, there ARE the Peter Peppers[/SIZE][SIZE=17.5pt][/SIZE][SIZE=17.5pt]). In essence, my husband and I choose to focus on the positive, because that's the kind of community we want our children to grow up in.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=17.5pt]I am also a bit of a gadget-head, so we’ll being making some updates to our site www.pepperjoe.com over the next bit.  Please message me if you have ideas.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=17.5pt]We've always grown our businesses by partnering.  Pepper Joe’s has a terrific network of partner growers already, but I’d like for us to have more partners of all sorts in the future. If you have ideas to share, please don't hesitate to message me directly; we want to hear what you think.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=17.5pt]So far, the chilehead community has been terrifically welcoming to me and my family. A certain crazy pepper guy down in Miami swears that THP won't be outdone in welcoming someone new. I want you to know how much we really appreciate the opportunity to earn your trust with Pepper Joe’s.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=17.5pt]Take care, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=17.5pt]Laura Jo[/SIZE]
[SIZE=17.5pt]PepperJo on THP[/SIZE]

It's good to see that the site is under new management. I believe you have some work ahead of you repairing some of the credibility that Joe tarnished but word of mouth spreads quickly in the chili community and if you do well in providing quality seed stock i'm sure it wont take long at all. Well, at least a growing season or two but you've already made the right step with this introduction. 

Welcome!

Welcome!!!

I have heard good things from you already from one of my friends who has been talking with you.

I wish you the best of luck and hop that you see more of what has drawn you into our community!!

There is drama wherever you go- but its not what happens to you that determines who you are but rather how you respond!!!

Good luck and remember if there is anything we can do - just ask!!!

Rex

D3monic said:
It's good to see that the site is under new management. I believe you have some work ahead of you repairing some of the credibility that Joe tarnished but word of mouth spreads quickly in the chili community and if you do well in providing quality seed stock i'm sure it wont take long at all. Well, at least a growing season or two but you've already made the right step with this introduction. 

Welcome!
My first conversation with Laura (not PMs, not emails, but actual conversation) ran an hour and twenty two minutes. I said the same thing: you may have some work ahead of you, but word of mouth is an astounding thing, and not just in its capacity to damage a reputation. I think it speaks volumes that someone as busy as a mother of three running a business like that found the time to talk shop for an hour and a half. I liked the things she had to say, too. She strikes me as smart, funny, passionate, and about as family-oriented as they come.

It was hard to articulate how different the THP community is. In the end, I guess it's best to let the community speak for itself.

For what it's worth, I'd like to go on the record as saying "old company, new leadership...benefit of the doubt."

Oh, and..."welcome!"

Wicked Mike said:
My first conversation with Laura (not PMs, not emails, but actual conversation) ran an hour and twenty two minutes. I said the same thing: you may have some work ahead of you, but word of mouth is an astounding thing, and not just in its capacity to damage a reputation. I think it speaks volumes that someone as busy as a mother of three running a business like that found the time to talk shop for an hour and a half. I liked the things she had to say, too. She strikes me as smart, funny, passionate, and about as family-oriented as they come.

It was hard to articulate how different the THP community is. In the end, I guess it's best to let the community speak for itself.

For what it's worth, I'd like to go on the record as saying "old company, new leadership...benefit of the doubt."

Oh, and..."welcome!"
Many many thanks Mike for your counsel and kind words.  We're looking forward to the next chapter!

Welcome to THP its a great community and I'm glad pepperjo is under new ownership/management. I look forward to doing business with you in the future Laura. If I call you I promise I will keep it short. :)

:welcome:  to the THP forums from SC!!

Best wishes and success with your entrance and involvement into the whole 'Pepper Biz.' A new year and a new start! ;)  As has been mentioned, it might be a bit of an uphill battle to reestablish a good reputation (many will be biased upon even hearing the company name...), but word indeed does spread rather quickly about positive (& negative) sites/vendors, etc.. There will be plenty of people to set other people 'straight' about the 'new- not the 'Same ol' Joe' aspect of the company. As long as things go well (and this introduction is an excellent indicator of a great start)... people will come around and warm up to you! (even those biased one's will come and check you out... if they start to hear a bunch of accolades and positive mentions of the new 'PepperJo!') Here's to 2016 being an excellent year! 

Back