Hello from Reno

Been lurking for quite a while.  Dont have a lot to say usually, I just read.

Been gardening off and on for about 20 years.  I moved into a new house about 3 years ago.  Built a 64sqf raised garden.  I tend to grow a bit of everything. Last year I moved to an all organic grow.  And as such it was a complete failure.  Lots of reading and experimenting and I have much more faith in next years garden.

Mostly enjoy gowing tomatos and peppers.  But I dont really like to eat either.  However I have been getting more into peppers lately. Im still quite a rookie.  (Cayenne is hot for me)  For me the fun is just growing them.  I end up giving away 90% of all my crops each year.

Last year I attempted to grow jalapenos, Bhut jolokias, cayennes, NM green chilis, and another couple varieties.  But due to some major mistakes on my part my yield was VERY low.

So, thats me. Hope to get some great info here.  Its been very helpful so far.  Thanks for reading.

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

Mr Clayton Forrester said:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. And Gotrox, im guessing Tonopah?
NNW about 50 miles.
Middle-o-nowhere.
2 1/2 hours to the nearest traffic light..

Gotrox said:
NNW about 50 miles.
Middle-o-nowhere.
2 1/2 hours to the nearest traffic light..

Ive been through some desolate area's in Nevada. Driven I-95 Vegas to Orvada, I-80 From State line to state line.  Drove from Mesquite with detour through Rachel up to US-50 and over to Reno/Carson.  And I must say, this state is amazingly beautiful, however im not sure if I could handle living way out in the middle of nowhere.  Im sure you're night skies are amazing however.

Back