Hello from Upstate NY

Hello, and Spicy Holidays to all !! I am hot pepper fanatic as everyone else here and have been growing in my small garden with many very successful years,some ok and 1 or 2 disappointing but for the most part have a good to excellent yield over the last 15+ years and many varieties from Poblanos to Reapers. This past season I purchased some Trinidad Moruga Scorpion plants from a nursery I go to. I have grown them before, and the yeild from the 2 plants was incredible! The problem is they were not Trinidad Scorpion peppers. I have been searching photos to try to identify them  and last night accidentally stumbled on a picture that seems to match my peppers. It appears they are a Scotch Bonnet variety ,although I have seen and had these before, I would have never guessed they were by appearance judging from my own experience Good heat, but definitely not Morugas. How can I post a photo ? Would like some opinions and verification that these are actually a variety of Scotch Bonnet .Thanks ! 

Thanks ! Here are a few pics of the peppers I was talking about in my original post.
IMG_1019.JPG
IMG_1020.JPG
IMG_1022.JPG

Welcome!  :)

Definitely a bonnet phenotype, but as to which one I am not sure.  

SmokenFire said:
Welcome!  :)

Definitely a bonnet phenotype, but as to which one I am not sure.  
They definitely don't resemble any Scotch Bonnet I've seen before , weird , I mean i got tons of peppers just not the ones I wanted and they are good but from the first fruits starting to form I knew Immediately they weren't Morugas. Think I'm going to start from seed next year and guarantee I get what i plant. This has never happened before at any of the places I buy my plants. First time for everything...Thanks for the reply! 

Scoville DeVille said:
Try the Pepper ID section of the forum. Post your pics there. http://thehotpepper.com/forum/120-pepper-id/

And welcome to THP. :welcome:
Thanks ! I will do that ,but i think SmokenFire may have confirmed what I suspected after stumbling across some photos  on the inter-web. I have lots of photos of my peppers and sauces looking forward to sharing! People are always  amazed for some reason when I tell them where I live and show them the fruits of my labor! Thanks again !

Back