Hello world!

Hi,

I'm silvin. I live in the south west of France (home of "foie gras"). I fell in love with peppers five years ago and I've been growing some in the small garden I had for five years.

Last year, i moved to get a bigger garden so as to start a small pepper/herb business. I was able to grow 2000 plants from 130 varieties. Half of them to make sauces, jellies and flavored salt mainly based on north American recipes (you US guys have such an excellent taste when it comes to peppers). The other half were grown for seed saving. Unfortunately, the small gardener isolation techniques I used previously (tulle bags and flower gluing) led to a big failure. The vast majority of the flowers fell off and i only got a few isolated seeds I harvested seeds from all varieties but i fear the probability of hybridization .

This partly explains why i subscribed to this great forum i used to visit as a guest I need advices on pepper isolation for seed saving on a medium scale, but also growing/hot sauce making tips.

Last edited:
1642944568948.png

welcome.gif
from the Pacific NorthWest, USA!

Back