• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Hellskitchen Chillis

Dunno if its the right place, but I thought I'll share my chillis. I'm growing Ghost and Carolina Reapers, and have a number of other plants that look like Birdseye chillis. 

Ghost and Reaper when planted in mid-Cocktober and November

Vk0JUbe.jpg

yRUxCHF.jpg

3 week old pic

TmbRGIq.jpg

9BlMvzC.jpg

New pics of Ghost chilli

ls5nmfA.jpg

Lxj9Nat.jpg

EOaQtmU.jpg

OMaEXYS.jpg

jLbxueZ.jpg

Reaper

LlUN2P6.jpg

And my other chillis

Nr3PfvQ.jpg

SdJypwf.jpg

eTPVCYg.jpg

dwnUcMD.jpg

KvqQayL.jpg

peppersproutfarm said:
These look great.! What do you plan to do with all the ripe peppers? Sauce? Powder?

Most likely powder, as it's what I tend to use most. The ones in the shops are pathetically mild, this country is terrified of anything spicier than a watermelon lol

Hells Kitchen said:
Most likely powder, as it's what I tend to use most. The ones in the shops are pathetically mild, this country is terrified of anything spicier than a watermelon lol
interesting that you say this. Some of the hottest stuff I've eaten recently are products that came from your country. my girlfriend also just ordered more seeds for the collection from hippie seed company. Those also happen to come from your country. I think you have chili heads around you but just like here in our country the masses prefer wimpy mild sauces.

peppersproutfarm said:
interesting that you say this. Some of the hottest stuff I've eaten recently are products that came from your country. my girlfriend also just ordered more seeds for the collection from hippie seed company. Those also happen to come from your country. I think you have chili heads around you but just like here in our country the masses prefer wimpy mild sauces.

Nah I meant in the mainstream supermarkets and the like. True there are a number of dealers offering super hot stuff online. But if you simply are on a trip to the shops, no chance. In the big shopping centres in the larger cities there are Asian and European delis which tend to stock some "exotic" items not found in the supermarkets, but you have to go out of your way to find them.

Took a ghost pepper off yesterday, went to wash it and accidentally cracked it. I put my tongue on the crack, and goddamn the pain just crawls up on ya, eventually it's like I've licked molted lead. Then I wiped my forehead,  that started stinging, even my hands felt hot, and this was not like cutting it up or anything. 

vBkF2RO.jpg

I'm not an expert, but I touched myself when I looked at the pictures.  ;)

Question: What would be the average price an Aussie pays for a 10 gallon plastic bucket, fancy molded designs aside?

@woodlouse are you talking about a typical plastic bucket, as opposed to a pot? 20 litre buckets are common, about $12-15.  A 500mm diameter plastic 52 litre pot is $9.50 on the Bunnings website. 

I've scored free pots (smaller ones though) from a nursery once, if you have nurseries or similar type of garden places around, try asking them, you might score some surplus pots for a reduced price or even free. 

Just a couple more pics I took on a whim today, that tomato potting mix and fertilizer I've used is apparently better for chillis than for actual tomatoes lol

iMNVYFV.jpg

t8p1YVa.jpg

WrTLiKz.jpg

Today's harvest in honour of my days off. Will be dehydrating these and grinding them up into chilli powder.

65x clean Reapers and 98x Ghosts from my potted plants. Total count thus far is higher but had to jettison some due to sunscald. Plants still have more ripening and they are throwing out new flowers.

yokzQ2G.jpg

s8gcGE9.jpg

NbXy8oM.jpg

Ghosts

GfDmrWm.jpg

Reapers

LV8rZya.jpg

Harvested probably over 100 Reapers and Ghosts each in total so far. Dehydrated them and keeping them in small jars.

xeaX2mS.jpg

Pics from today. Still going. Had an Aphid attack a couple weeks ago, and sprayed them with an "insecticide" which was white oil. After that, the plants looked very sick, yellow leaves, flowers dead, I thought I had just committed murder one. I was friggin pissed at my self. 

The plants now: 

Ghost

TjfkLO3.jpg

Reaper

ol7FVt2.jpg

Kgba3Y5.jpg

And some Reapers that fell off when the stupid wind blew the plant over, these look cool as when they are ripening. 

M1yQ3wr.jpg

Dehydrated and ground some of the Reapers

aHijKTC.jpg

ONQc7O3.jpg

Wez7zH9.jpg

Back