help choosing a grow list

Hi I am a little hooked and I want to grow everything, however, I need to keep it realistic.

I have a mixture of chillis and tomatoes from mixed packs, so unlikely but possibly i could have germinated all the same type.

I have:

a mix of 5 chillis/peppers
Bishops Crown
Orange Habanero
Cayenne
African Birds eye
Black Pearl
Also individual packets of
Hot Cherry
Jalapeno
NuMex Twilight
Naga Morich from a fruit from a friend which could potentially grow into anything.

Tomatoes
Unknown mix of up to 35 varieties
Individual packet of
Green Zebra

I am looking for some delicious peppers for eating, pickling, cooking and saucing.
So far I have picked some for a shortlist:

Brazilian Starfish
Fish Pepper
Zimbabwe Bird Pepper
Zimbabwe Black
Trinidad Perfume
Chupetinho
Aji Dulce amarillo
Aji Cachuca
Aji Cereza
Black from Tula - Tomato

This list is by no means confirmed, anything else can be added to this or recommendations made and all suggestions or tasting notes welcome.

Cheers

I have a old friend sending me some of those Zimbabwe bird peppers(if I'm lucky).
I've always tried to have a bird pepper around.....easy raise and great just to pop
A fresh one in your mouth while gardening.

That Chocolate Habanero looks like a good addition.

robbyjoe01 said:
I have a old friend sending me some of those Zimbabwe bird peppers(if I'm lucky).
I've always tried to have a bird pepper around.....easy raise and great just to pop
A fresh one in your mouth while gardening.
I felt I needed to add these due to patriotism as i grew up in Zimbabwe. My understanding is they are the same as the African Birdseye/peri peri/pili pili which I already have, however, now that someone has put a country in front of it I feel compelled to have it (damn consumerism).

For pickling, jalapenos and banana's (both hot and sweet), make good options, and are probably the most common. Tobasco peppers and tepin/Pequin are good for making a hot vinegar as well.

Back