• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Help! Curled and wilted Jalapeno leaves

Link to photo

Hello all, thanks for such a great and informative resource!
I am hoping someone out there can help a novice grower. My first attempt at growing peppers, I just planted mine 2 weeks ago and everything was doing fine until the new growth leaves started showing curling and wilting as soon as they come up. See the attached photo.
When I planted them, I used a good mixture of peat moss, manure, and miracle grow garden soil.
I had been watering them every day then a friend said that's way too much. Could this be the problem?
I've noticed some of the leaves have bites out of them but I examined the leaves closely and can't see any obvious pests.

I live in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.

I'm hoping someone out there with a lot more experience than me can help!

Thanks so much. I can provide other photos if needed.

Scott

What do you have them growing in? It looks like a rough medium.
I would maybe try getting some Cal Mag, which is a liquid form. If you cant find that, see if you can find a granular fert called Ironite. Both will give you tons of calcium and magnesium to help uncurl those leaves. I usually will add one of those ferts AND pop the effected leaves off to let the plant work on growing, and not healing.
I'm sure someone else can give some good info as well. Good luck!

No actually it's 1/3 miracle grow garden soil, 1/3 cow manure, and 1/3 peat moss. I just put the bark mulch on the top.

Back