• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

HELP!!! I am a murderer of peppers!!!!!

So, I left my 2 month olds for a 10 day vacation in the hands of my high school nephew and this is what I came home to!! About 10 of my 30 plants looked like this:

This Orange Scorpion showing no signs of life.

Notice the green leaves on the bottom. Can it be saved? What to do?

19a9e19b.jpg

Another with some signs of life on bottom. HELP!!!

1d6c17c2.jpg

Some have green leaves on the bottom with dead leaves on top. Do I cut off dead ones, pull them off, leave them? Others don't show any sign of life, they were bone dry when I returned to them so I gave them a ton of water. I do have 20 or so plants that made it but a couple of those have a wilted leave or two. These are Orange Scorpions, Naga Morich, Moruga Scorpion, Trinidad 7's and Bhuts. Thanks for any advice, this is my first time and I am somewhat devastated!!!!!

If it was me, i would cut the dead leaves, They do look extra wet right now. They should grow back, just be paietnt. I had a plant complete dead and it came back to life, it did take a month or two but it grew great.

Also, not sure, but it looks like he may have overfertilzed it also. So give them time and I think they should pull around.

Howie because i work out of town lots, ive run into this.. you ask sombody to water the plant while your gone and you come home to "dried plant jerky" the best way to avoid is to get a timer. most hardware stores sell one i really like made by toro.

yep water em good, let the soil get back to "almost dry" then water em again. the plants that will live will come back...the plants that dont come back are dried out beyond saving.. clipping dead leaves is also a good idea.. that way the plant isnt spending excess nutrients on leaves that are toast already. sorry bout your luck

If it was me, i would cut the dead leaves, They do look extra wet right now. They should grow back, just be paietnt. I had a plant complete dead and it came back to life, it did take a month or two but it grew great.

Also, not sure, but it looks like he may have overfertilzed it also. So give them time and I think they should pull around.

Thanks! I haven't fertilized them but recently transplanted to Pro Mix soil which is pretty rich.

Pretty "rich?" Actually, just the opposite. People like Pro Mix because it has hardly ANY fertilizers in it. That way they can control what their babies eat.
Your plants SHOULD survive. Just don't over do the watering.

that is sad how the look. :mope: .... i FEEl for you... losing a two months old plant is like losing $1000 or more.... next time try to find an older person who knows lil about plants

wow tough loss. Looks like they where in an oven. Do you have any air circulation where they are growing?

wow tough loss. Looks like they where in an oven. Do you have any air circulation where they are growing?

I know! Yes, I have a air cooled 400W HID light and 2 fans in a grow tent with most zippers open. The temp is 80F. I keep the light about 2 ft from plants.

Hrm... I wouldn't call you the murderer. Your nephew seems to be the one to point the finger at. If any survive and give you pods then as a punishment for your nephew you should make him eat a whole one.

Back