• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Help Identify Object

WarrantMan

Extreme Member
A friend of mine came to possess this matchbox sized item and asked me to help discover the story behind it. Does anyone here have any info as to origin or possible timeframe of this item? It is believed it may have come to America with a relative after WWII or possibly from a German ancestor prior to the war (that's all I've got to go on..) . Any help with this is greatly appreciated. I know there are some very clever folks here on THP. Thanks in advance - Reggie 

unk3.jpg

unk2.jpg

Edit: I don't have the item in my possession, only the same photos viewed here.

Crazy Monkey et al.

Ya'll nailed the origin. Thanks. I was told after further questioning, that the black tipped item behind the lady was perhaps a flagpole that was originally mounted in the hole to the right on the box. Now I gotta get her to carefully remove that and unfurl the flag. This I think, will tell the time frame and answer any remaining questions.

Thanks again. I have sincere faith in pepper people. Hasn't failed me yet!  :cheers:

Back