• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Help identifying this please...

Hey 

Please help me identify this. If possible. Bought the plant as a 7 Pot Douglah (plant needs some attention but will sort that out after this pod ripens) but the shape ain't convincing me.

Thx

Attachments

• pepper.jpg
    pepper.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 131
SA_Chilli said:
Please help me identify this.

For years I've advocated a bit more info to help ID peppers for new members.>We Need A "Pinned" Thread In Pepper ID

SA_Chilli said:
Bought the plant as a 7 Pot Douglah

Where?

SA_Chilli said:
but the shape ain't convincing me.

I use GOOGLE Images - 7 Pot Douglah to get an idea of what the OP is asking about and that page has a wide variety of shapes, which one is your expectations?

This is a great review of the billy boy douglah. There is loads of info to dig up on the forum from years back.

Ill mention its more reddish brown than chocolate brown, in my not so expert but have grown it out experience. Edit: added my input mostly bc of the yellow walls throwing the colour a bit.

https://youtu.be/MouruvmMSFU

Just another little note since the op did not mention where the plant was purchased

- in my own (edit: superhot) experience, growing seed from a reputable dealer that has good reviews on the board, or from seed from a fellow active member has scored me infinitely better and more accurate phenotypes than local greenhouses on my area. Even vars as simple as 'red ghost pepper' can be iffy in so far as that ive not had a true pheno from a non specifically chili oriented dealer of grown plants.

From the look of your pods here, at the very least they will be hot as #&%@.

I agree there should be a sticky with even a basic copy paste info sheet to help identify, but even then, if theres no specific lineage and the pheno is off its likely open pollinated and crossed with something.

OP - now that youre here, and have an interest, grow that bad boy out, have some fun, and if youre into it start looking into sources for genetics that others in the know have vouched for. The hunt can be pretty rewarding!

Thanks for the info AaronB. Got the plant from a small chilli farm in Durban, didn't think that info would have helped with ID but perhaps I can see now if it's a seed seller, nursery, small holding etc. it may help draw conclusions? 

On a side note, we have a large DIY chain store here that sold fully, professionally packaged seeds as 'Ghost Peppers', it turned out to be Peppadews. I have such 2 plants - we learn and yes, you are so correct, buy from reputable providers hence why I have now ordered seeds from Texas Hot Peppers.

Can't wait to taste the 'douglah', just taking forever to ripen!

Back