• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Help ID'ing Peppers

Making a hobby batch & doing "spring cleaning" on my freezer.

I had a few gorgeous 7-pod Savannah, some ButchT T/S, and some Mesilla Cayennes, but I also had a mixed bag someone sent me last summer. That's what I'm trying to ID - forgot who I got this bag from (I received a few! love pepper people!).

The way I do spring cleaning is to make a batch of sauce - I am using figs, apples, a heaping pile of garlic, fire-roasted jalapanos, and pretty much every other pepper in my freezer except the last small bag of yellow brainstrains.

I know most of y'all would do it for fun but I figured I'd make it interesting: The first person to correctly identify every pepper in these photos gets 1 of the 14 ten oz bottles I'm making with them. It smells heavenly.

bumpy/wrinkly - looks like a brain or a moruga? The one at bottom of this pic is smooth skinned... Caribbean Red?
576153_10151485433870340_2035413193_n.jpg

These are all smooth skinned - looks a bit like the Savannah Jonahs I had
526805_10151485434320340_1832528019_n.jpg

Chocolate Bhuts? Chocolate Habs?
600287_10151485434605340_1974645512_n.jpg

This is on the honor system - I am hopeful that folks in here will help to support whomever that is who gets it all right by stepping up and "seconding" it as validation. No riots, please. lol

I'll give it 24 hours. I figure the dust will settle by then and someone will have good karma'd themselves a bottle of sauce. Thanks for your help!
:D

Go!
:woohoo:

Please note that this sauce is not a commercial product, nor is it for sale. It is a hobby batch made in my home, consumed at your own risk. That said, I've been doing this for a long time and I follow extremely rigid standards of cleanliness when I prepare hot sauce.
:woohoo:

Size, shape, and bumps immediately made me think of the top one as likely brain strain or something very similar - kind of hard to tell with the frost. It's definitely not a TScorp - no tail and wrong shape in addition to the bumps.

They're all mine, giv'em back! lol

Top picture:
Raspberry
Not a raspberry

2nd picture:
Frozen squished apples

3rd picture:
Dead raspberry

Do I win??

1st photo top pepper - Brain strain (looks wrinkled like a ball sack) lol
1st photo 2nd pepper - unsure - (damm can't win now)

2nd photo top pepper - Trinidad 7 pot douglah
2nd photo 2nd pepper - Red Hab

3rd photo top pepper - Trinidad scotch bonnet brown
3rd photo 2nd pepper - Chocolate Hab

Don't trust a word I say though, I don't. lol

Back