• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

help! I'm panicking!

I just potted up into larger cups and most of my plants are wilting like this!

tdGwF5Q.jpg

I gave them a good drink after transfer, but I'm super worried about the state of a few..

Any ideas what's wrong? Are they likely to recover?

The fact they look so wet might be the contrast.. I gave them a big drink though cause I was worried the roots dried a bit.

They were probably too dry already when I transfer.

There's a drain hole in the bottom, I might cut another in the edge just to make sure

I always transfer when I watered 2 days ago so the soil is kinda moist, and I always do it when the lights go off. Think about when you transplant at full sun, they wilt once they're in but if you do it an evening before or when it's cool the plant seems ti do better. Don't take it as a fact just my observation.

About giving them a big drink... meh... idk. When I transplant I try to moisten the soil it's going in and that the seedling's dirt is kinda moist, I just have to water very little just around the stem to get the seedling to settle. I hardly ever have problems with shock when I transplant.

Good luck.

,Vegas

It is evening here.

Yeah I'm gonna make sure it's moist before next time

Looks like they're standing back up now a little . :) ill have a look in the morning.

I cut some extra drainage slots in the bottom to allow a bit more drainage.

What soil are you using? Or what's it like? That might be a factor too. Not enough water drainage. Are you using a fan or no?

, Vegas

It's a mix of peat, sand and vermiculite.
Not had drainage issues, it looks wet because I had just watered after transfer.
Yeah I'm using a fan.

looks like you beat up the roots, here is a post I put up awhile ago.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/33866-basic-potting-up/

Looks like transplant shock. They will be fine. Just makes sure you don't water them too much. Peppers are strong plants :) .

Edit: I've accidently pulled all the roots off one plant last season. It grew its roots back. Of course that set the plant back. So if you cut/broke some roots, it really won't be a problem.

All the plants have bounced back.
Admittedly I probably over watered in my panic, so I'm gonna make sure the humidity is lowered in the germination box and leave the fan on so they can dry out a bit.

The naga I was worried about yesterday
dNLpKIk.jpg

vI9CZba.jpg

First season dude.
They're gonna be fine!

We're on the same boat. It's my first season, the truth tho I haven't even tasted one of any I have growing. How funny tho, I only tried the choco bhut and just ran for any I can find. This summer/fall is gona be a blast!! I can't wait!

,Vegas

Back