• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help me choose which of the following peppers to grow 2016

My suggestions 

Aji Mango, Aji omni color, BG7 yellow, Bahamian goat, Carribean red hab, habalokia, hab hot lemon, icescream scorp, jays peach ghost scorp, Paper lantern hab, Primo, MOA Bonnet Yellow if you have, sugar rush peach , TS cardi yellow, 

also i'd be interested in a trade maybe but from the looks of your list I probably don't have anything you don't already have... Mainly just interested in some sugar rush peach. 

D3monic said:
My suggestions 

Aji Mango, Aji omni color, BG7 yellow, Bahamian goat, Carribean red hab, habalokia, hab hot lemon, icescream scorp, jays peach ghost scorp, Paper lantern hab, Primo, MOA Bonnet Yellow if you have, sugar rush peach , TS cardi yellow, 

also i'd be interested in a trade maybe but from the looks of your list I probably don't have anything you don't already have... Mainly just interested in some sugar rush peach. 
Sugar rush is one I don't have many of unfortunately. I got like 6 in a box, but only maybe 8 seeds. I'm HOPING they grow out.

jsschrstrcks said:
Sugar rush is one I don't have many of unfortunately. I got like 6 in a box, but only maybe 8 seeds. I'm HOPING they grow out.

I'm sure there's lots of sources that would be willing to send them. Hows the rest of my suggestions sound?

I really like omni color.. probably more than limon or pineapple, the colors alone make it worth growing. Loved it in pico and guacamole and i'd always grab one to nibble on while wandering the garden. 

Baha goat and MOA bonnet make great smoked powders

Paper lantern was one of my favorites last year and will probably always bee a staple in my garden. Makes good powder and sauces. 

Same with Caribbean red hab. 

The rest pretty much speak for themselves. I haven't grown mango yet but will be this year. 

If you haven't grown the 267, plant a few seeds...  They may not be the "World's Finest" but IMO they are awfully dang good.
Wonderful flavor, crunchy, intermediate heat. Fantastic in salsa!

Aji Angelo are very extremely productive and also make a good chomping / salsa pepper.

Caramel Bhut, Caramel Moruga.. Both Beautiful Phenos and very prolific . I have both going right now. I would also recommend the Bih Jalokia. And the MOA Scotch Bonnet.

I can recommend:

"Yellow 7Pod" ( Very very pleasant fresh  and also very good dried)
"Congo Red" (Very good and aromatic Powder)
"Fatalii Red" (extremely sweet powder, an aroma like bananas + tropical fruits)

I've seen it on others lists as "girls butt chili" but that spelling even with the improper grammar was on the baggie I pulled off a seed train :) so it stayed.

Bog is a secretive group of pepper growers led by two former members. My half hour of exposure to it cemented my desire not to be a part. Hickey is a good guy. wont say anything about the rest Of them (or their peppers or seeds or even the ones they say are both theirs and not available for trade and not theirs :k).

7pot yellow and the rest sound good. I love fatallii but have yet to get them to grow into a mature producing plant. I got some seeds for a new variety called a cream fatallii and I am going to give it a shot for sure this year.

Why bih Jolokia over Bhut? Much difference in flavor or heat?

The 267 sounds interesting as well I've added it to the list.

The rest of your suggestions sound good as well. When I get back out of the woods I will update my list. Still have a long way to go people :)

D3monic said:

I'm sure there's lots of sources that would be willing to send them. Hows the rest of my suggestions sound?

I really like omni color.. probably more than limon or pineapple, the colors alone make it worth growing. Loved it in pico and guacamole and i'd always grab one to nibble on while wandering the garden. 

Baha goat and MOA bonnet make great smoked powders

Paper lantern was one of my favorites last year and will probably always bee a staple in my garden. Makes good powder and sauces. 

Same with Caribbean red hab. 

The rest pretty much speak for themselves. I haven't grown mango yet but will be this year. 
Man, I just sent a whole bunch of sugar rush peach out on the train. someone else had had added them to the train.
Lietuvis said:
What a big collection.
And   "Smuggled of Africa on Girls Butt"... lol . We need PICS
It is, smuggled out of Africa in a girls butt.

My top picks from your list would be

7 Pot White
7 Pot Yellow
7 Pot Jonah
Bahamian Goat
Cheiro Roxa
Fish
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
Rainforest
Red Savina
Scotch Bonnet MoA
Trinidad Scorpion CARDI Yellow

I will send her a message then and see what she knows about it :)

Edit: From Fiogga.
"The girls butt chile was on a seed train here on the envelope it just said smuggled out of Africa on girl's butt. I've grown it, it's a nice pepper, not sure of the species, red, tall plant, prolific, conical shape about 3 inches, and quite hot. I really didn't pay attention to the flower. I do remember I wish I would have staked it cause it got bushy and tall. Wish I could provide you with more info, Happy New Year!"

I didn't ask, but I think its safe to say she didn't have the picture you're looking for Lietuvis.

jsschrstrcks said:
Bog is a secretive group of pepper growers led by doe former members. My half hour of exposure to it cemented my desire not to be a part. Hickey is a good guy. wont say anything about the rest Of them (or their peppers or seeds or even the ones they say are both theirs and not available for trade and not theirs :k).

Secretive group of pepper growers!!  Sounds like the Pepper F.B.I. :crazy:

roper2008 said:

Secretive group of pepper growers!!  Sounds like the Pepper F.B.I. :crazy:
Thats kind of insulting to one of those groups.

I suppose you'd be annoyed by either group crashing through your door in the middle of the night. They do have that in common :):):)

jsschrstrcks said:
I've seen it on others lists as "girls butt chili" but that spelling even with the improper grammar was on the baggie I pulled off a seed train :) so it stayed.

Bog is a secretive group of pepper growers led by two former members. My half hour of exposure to it cemented my desire not to be a part. Hickey is a good guy. wont say anything about the rest Of them (or their peppers or seeds or even the ones they say are both theirs and not available for trade and not theirs :k).

7pot yellow and the rest sound good. I love fatallii but have yet to get them to grow into a mature producing plant. I got some seeds for a new variety called a cream fatallii and I am going to give it a shot for sure this year.

Why bih Jolokia over Bhut? Much difference in flavor or heat?

The 267 sounds interesting as well I've added it to the list.

The rest of your suggestions sound good as well. When I get back out of the woods I will update my list. Still have a long way to go people :)
  I like the BIH. The bih puts out way more pods! When you get ghost pepper powder online or from most retailers, even those from India. Its actually the BIh your eating not the bhut. The bih comes from Frontal Agritecture in India. It has intense heat and flavor and very thin walls. Making it perfect for drying and powders!! I am growing a special pheno that starts out with very light lime green pods and matures to deep red.

jsschrstrcks said:
I will send her a message then and see what she knows about it :)

Edit: From Fiogga.
"The girls butt chile was on a seed train here on the envelope it just said smuggled out of Africa on girl's butt. I've grown it, it's a nice pepper, not sure of the species, red, tall plant, prolific, conical shape about 3 inches, and quite hot. I really didn't pay attention to the flower. I do remember I wish I would have staked it cause it got bushy and tall. Wish I could provide you with more info, Happy New Year!"

I didn't ask, but I think its safe to say she didn't have the picture you're looking for Lietuvis.

I see, thanks for your effort. Maybe its even better this way, that pepper will stay mystic with intriguing name.

Back