• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Help me come up with a hot pepper challenge!

Hey all, I'm hosting a party of about 30ish people tonight and we have 3 amazon gift cards to give away in denominations of $10, $20, and $30.

We were trying to think of what we could do in terms of a game or a challenge. I said I would be bringing some peppers and sauce, so why not do a hot pepper challenge.

And....that's about as far as I got.

Any ideas on how I could structure this? We need to end up with three people at the end, and since the prizes are tiered it would have be be like which person bows out first or something like that. But we also have to determine who the contestants will be.

Might end up having to do something else, but would love some ideas to try and make this happen. HELP!

You can chop up a few different pods into small pieces, put a toothpick into each piece, and have 30 pieces of each pepper. The challenge is for everyone to taste each pepper and then rank them in order from mild to hot. The toothpicks will need to be colour-coded.

Since you have 30 people you'll need to provide at least 5-6 varieties of peppers, or maybe even more if you have that many types. Might be difficult to select a winner if you have more than 1 person who get them all in the right order.

just do a simple pepper eating challenge, you probably won't have all that many participate, since most people aren't up to eating straight peppers.  Start with a milder one and work up.

For the sauces, again, not knowing what sauces you have, could do another sauce eating thing.  Some people put a teaspoon in their mouth and then hold it for 30 seconds.  That would make it interesting....Have Fun!  Post Pics!!!

Thanks for the ideas! Discussing things now, we might have to nix this as a contest and just use it for fun. If we do something interesting I will def. post pics!

And there's always the "how many habaneros can you shove up your butt" challenge, but you may want to up the amounts of those gift cards.
;)

I once organized a "hands free" food challenge - if the idea is to have fun, that's a pretty funny way.to do a contest. Use something big and awkward like a pastrami sammich or pizza - drip pure evil on it or pepper powders & fresh pods

Also in addition to rewarding the top 3 you should consider humiliating the worst participant. Make them wear a sombrero or something for the rest of the day. :D

How about getting 25 cups, flip them upside down and put peppers underneath all except for 3. These 3 will have the winning prize written inside. People can pick cups they think could be a winner, but if they get a pepper they have to eat it to pic another cup. Depending on what peppers you use, most people will have one and be done. Hopefully enough people participate to find the all the prizes. 

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
What if it's painted hot pink & has dildos hanging off of it?

Just throwing that out there. Carry on...
:dance:

I was going to say still sounds like the winner winner pink floppy wieners hat to me. 

Edit: To my googling dismay I am saddened to say they don't make sombreros with dildos hanging on them. WHY ISN'T THIS A THING?!?!

Back