• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Help me ID this pepper disease/problem, please

I sadly uprooted and killed a Jalapeno grande hybrid, because the leaves were lookin' really weird, like it had some disease or serious problem, and it was right next to a bunch of other plants.

Notice in the pic that the leaves seem to have shriveled or, well, kind of disappeared, on one side but not the other. I don't think it's an animal munching thing. It also does not look to me like leaf curl - the leaves aren't curled, they are simply....not there. It's hard to explain. Some of the leaves have a hard texture, like they are thicker or firmer or denser than they should be. I have never seen this before.

Anyone know what is going on here?

IMG_0779.jpg

Im thinking maybe just a bad sunburn/possible lack of nutrients? Only time Ive had leaves like that is when they were toasted by the sun, or needed some bone meal. looked all crinkled. not limp. None of the others had any symptoms or signs of anything?

Peppers do have other issues other than lack of nutrients, too much sun, too little sun, too much water, not enough water, not enough drainage, aphids or other bugs.

You did the right thing because there are diseases peppers can get and if you feel that all the other peppers look healthy then what happen to this one? Soil should be the same, moisture should be the same, most other notables should be the same but who knows. Perhaps giving the soil around the other plants a hit of hydrogen peroxide mix to ward off any bad stuff and dump a good cup down the hole this plant came out of.

Back