• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Help on this purple chili

The old lady I bought this from said it was Malaysian Chili but I looked over the internet for more information but the only good result I got was signing up for this forum  :dance:

Hope some kinds souls can give me more info about this baby. It turns from purple to red and has purple flowers.

**sorry about the rotated image  :rolleyes:

20180321_093935.jpg

20180320_154923.jpg

joe.online.ph said:
The old lady I bought this from said it was Malaysian Chili but I looked over the internet for more information but the only good result I got was signing up for this forum  :dance:

Hope some kinds souls can give me more info about this baby. It turns from purple to red and has purple flowers.

**sorry about the rotated image  :rolleyes:

attachicon.gif
20180321_093935.jpg

attachicon.gif
20180320_154923.jpg

:welcome: to the hottest  :fire:  and coolest  :cool:  place on the whole internet :D 

i thought; Purple prince, also called 'Peruvian Purple', and 'Pretty in Purple' has slightly rounder pods.  :think:

it looks more like a purple chilli padi, than a Purple Prince to me, but your guess is as good as mine.

Most of these new showy ornamentals that are also yummy sometimes
{don't let the term ornamental fool you, some of them taste great } seem to each have proprietary names from the breeders, or even renamed by the seed sellers :unamused:

Cili Padi, chilli padi, Bird's eye chili, bird eye chili, bird's chili, piri piri or Thai chili is a chili pepper, a cultivar from the species Capsicum annuum, that come in several different shapes and colors.

either way Joe; it looks like a beautiful healthy plant  :D

tell us how it taste now, and when fully ripe, note the differences, etc.

dragonsfire said:

Back