• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Help! Pods dropping with black death

I was wondering if the knowledgeable folks here could shed some light on an issue that I am having. Over the past couple of weeks, I have had many unripe green pods fall to the ground. When I open them up, they have what I call black death were the seeds and pith/placenta is black. I assume this is the reason for their dropping but I was wondering if anyone had any idea on why this is happening. Below is a couple of pictures from today.

Peppers1.jpg

This is what they look like when I found them. They look like normal healthy greed pods with no holes or soft spots on them. The one to the left is a Morouga blend Scorpion pod and the one to the right is either a 7 pot yellow or a brain strain. I have these plants next to each other and the pod was on the ground between them and the pods on the two different plants look identical as of now so not sure which plant it came from.

Peppers2-1.jpg

These are the same pods as above opened up. All of the pods I have found on the ground look identical to these ones on the inside which I call the black death. Has anyone ever seen this before? If so, do you know what it is and what is causing it? Thanks for anyones help.

There was just a thread on this sort of thing in the past few days. Can't remember which it was though...

Had some good information though, if you feel like searching based on nothing more than me saying it exists.

There was just a thread on this sort of thing in the past few days. Can't remember which it was though...

Had some good information though, if you feel like searching based on nothing more than me saying it exists.

This one perhaps -- http://thehotpepper.com/topic/32750-mold-inside-pods-theres-a-fungus-among-us/

Back