• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

HELP! Possible disease?? Need ID asap!

Anyone know what's this? It's starting on my bubblegum 7 and it looks like black spots on the leaves veins, and the leaves are dropping... Anyone know what's this?

Por pic but it's the best I can do.

20131026_070645.jpg

Thanks in advance!

-Walter

It may be  signs of bacterial leaf spot (http://www.apsnet.org/edcenter/intropp/lessons/prokaryotes/Pages/Bacterialspot.aspx), but i am not 100% sure, someone else maybe be able to confirm it.

from the website
Because the most obvious symptoms occur on leaves, the disease is often referred to as "bacterial leaf spot." Symptoms begin as small, yellow-green lesions on young leaves which usually appear deformed and twisted (Figure 8), or as dark, water soaked, greasy-appearing lesions on older foliage (Figure 9). Lesions develop rapidly to a size of 0.25 to 0.5 cm (0.1 to 0.2 in.) wide and become tan to brownish-red. Lesion shape is defined by leaf veinlets, so the shape is angular rather than the round shape that is more typical of fungal leaf spots or injury caused by some pesticides or other chemical sprays.
Lesions often are more numerous at the tip and margin of the leaf where moisture such as dew is retained (Figure 10). Under dry conditions, diseased leaves can develop a tattered appearance as the leaf margin and lesion centers become necrotic, dry up and disintegrate. Lesion size is often larger and symptoms are more severe when extended periods (> 12 hours) of moisture-saturated tissue occur.

Joshuap2000 said:
It may be  signs of bacterial leaf spot (http://www.apsnet.org/edcenter/intropp/lessons/prokaryotes/Pages/Bacterialspot.aspx), but i am not 100% sure, someone else maybe be able to confirm it.

from the website
Because the most obvious symptoms occur on leaves, the disease is often referred to as "bacterial leaf spot." Symptoms begin as small, yellow-green lesions on young leaves which usually appear deformed and twisted (Figure 8), or as dark, water soaked, greasy-appearing lesions on older foliage (Figure 9). Lesions develop rapidly to a size of 0.25 to 0.5 cm (0.1 to 0.2 in.) wide and become tan to brownish-red. Lesion shape is defined by leaf veinlets, so the shape is angular rather than the round shape that is more typical of fungal leaf spots or injury caused by some pesticides or other chemical sprays.
Lesions often are more numerous at the tip and margin of the leaf where moisture such as dew is retained (Figure 10). Under dry conditions, diseased leaves can develop a tattered appearance as the leaf margin and lesion centers become necrotic, dry up and disintegrate. Lesion size is often larger and symptoms are more severe when extended periods (> 12 hours) of moisture-saturated tissue occur.
Thanks, for the help.

megahot said:
Imo it doesnt look like BLS
What are you feeding it?
Take a look at this

http://www.flairform.com/hints/nutrient_deficiency.htm
Also, is it just the big bottom leaves that are dropping or are the smaller leaves too?
The top leaves actually, and it's mostly small leaves. Good thing I'm off today and I'll be able to do something about it. I'm doing a water change today.

That page shows that it can be insufficient EC and this plant literally chugs up water. Water level dropped quite a bit.

Last time I changed water it was on last Sunday. Maybe since the plant is bigger I might need to change water more often. It has lots of open flowers too, I can't count lol. Seems like a coincidence, so I'm gona change the water and see what happens.

This is what I'm feeding per gallon:

1 1/2 Tablespoons of Flora duo (part A)
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Flora duo (part B)
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Cal-Mag (Botanicare)
10 grms. of GH MaxiBloom

That's pretty much it.

Thanks for the help guys.

, Walter

Its in a DC bucket right?I was told extreme care has to be taken while growing hydro.
which means cleaning the buckets out once a week or even less. Pretty much just being really sanitary so the bucket and plant dont get contaminated. Your bucket may be getting a build up of algae. Hope you are able to figure out the problem. Sorry to hear of your problem.
Sounds like cleaning out and making sure the bucket is full enough will be a good start.

megahot said:
Its in a DC bucket right?I was told extreme care has to be taken while growing hydro.
which means cleaning the buckets out once a week or even less. Pretty much just being really sanitary so the bucket and plant dont get contaminated. Your bucket may be getting a build up of algae. Hope you are able to figure out the problem. Sorry to hear of your problem.
Yup it's in a DWC bucket. I'm doing a water change in a bit and clean everything out. I'd hate to mingle with the roots since I have nice buds already... Dang shyt always happens when things look so damn good fml... oh well, hope I find out what it is.

, Walter

Vegas_Chili said:
Yup it's in a DWC bucket. I'm doing a water change in a bit and clean everything out. I'd hate to mingle with the roots since I have nice buds already... Dang shyt always happens when things look so damn good fml... oh well, hope I find out what it is.
, Walter
I know huh bro! One of the pains of hydro but it has to be done. I will be doing hydro in 2015. Prob one or two plants.

Some of the mites can't be seen by naked eye
U look for what may seem like a colony of bugs brown dark spots
If the issue is just happening I will say cut all the infected leaves and get the out of the house
Make sure no leaves fail near the steam on the dirt as mites can travel fast

Good luck Walt

PepperLover said:
Some of the mites can't be seen by naked eye
U look for what may seem like a colony of bugs brown dark spots
If the issue is just happening I will say cut all the infected leaves and get the out of the house
Make sure no leaves fail near the steam on the dirt as mites can travel fast

Good luck Walt
Thanks Judy! I'll start doing that right now, I also have hydrogen peroxide and I'll spray it too. Incase it's BLS.

It does have some golden looking spots on some leaves. I'll snap a pic and post it. Maybe that can clear it up a bit.

-Walter

Thanks Judy! I'll start doing that right now, I also have hydrogen peroxide and I'll spray it too. Incase it's BLS.

It does have some golden looking spots on some leaves. I'll snap a pic and post it. Maybe that can clear it up a bit.

-Walter

Don't be afraid of cutting too many leaves
Anything that looks infected which I believe the old leaves on your case clip them off

OK,  now those recent pics look a lot more like BLS.
Looks like theres also a bit of burn of the side of the leaf

With the recent new pics Im leaning more towards BLS
with a slight possibility of mites

Back