• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

help!!!! sick plant

hi
i need help !!!!
i got a sick pepper plant that needs something. any advise?
dsc00275j.jpg

dsc00277d.jpg

Looks like either a potassium deficiency or a phosphorus deficiency. This doesnt mean those elements are not present in the soil though, they might be being blocked by something like the soil pH or a surplus of another nutrient or element.

Check the pH and get it as close to 6.8 as you can.

Or just flush the hell out of the pot, several times then apply some fert.

:)

THANKS Richardk

i will try to flush out and put a n21p21k21 fert today when i go back home. i don't know how to check the PH of the soil. if u say 6.8 ph then it is almost neutral can i just flush with lots of water then put the fert?

srin2 said:
THANKS Richardk

i will try to flush out and put a n21p21k21 fert today when i go back home. i don't know how to check the PH of the soil. if u say 6.8 ph then it is almost neutral can i just flush with lots of water then put the fert?

That fert is very strong, only use a VERY small amount... That may have caused the problem!

You can test for pH in several ways, I bought a meter online for $30 that tests pH, fertility, moisture and light levels but you can get one for cheaper that justs tests pH.

Search Google Shopping for "soil pH meter". Good Luck :)

yup the mix for that fert is 1 teaspoon to 1 gallon of water and just sprinkle it using the watering can. i did not use that fert before on the plant. or can you recommend me something else to use.i have also purchased the perlite yesterday.

If ya got that strong fert on the leaves while watering, they'll burn also.

My guess too is to much fert, and not enough drainage meaning the plant's getting bombarded with wet feet and fert buildup. I use a well-drainng soil mix, and only water when it start to wilt a little. If ya stick yer finger about 2" into the soil and it's wet..don't water yet. Chiles like it dry.

An EZ way to kill a Pepper is with too much care. ;)

Back