• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic HELP! too many flies

HellfireFarm

Business Member
Anyone know any tricks to repel flies?

They are swarming everywhere around the house and yard. Yes, I live on a farm so flies are normal, but it's a LOT worse than I've ever seen it. I know I can't get them away from everything, but it would be nice to keep them away from the front door and deck! There are currently several dozen on the wall just outside the front door.

I've checked for attractants and can't find anything. They're not swarming around any particular spot, just randomly all around.

Any tips?

When we moved into this property there were a lot of flies around. We got these traps from Walmart, you just throw away the whole bag when full. They worked good for me. I think most farm stores have something like this in stock also.

861827CA-CE41-4415-BC0A-08E73368E703.png

^ not a bad idea :fire:

My wife found a "dynatrap" electric thing that seems to have done the trick. At least it's working well so far today - we'll see if it lasts.

I've seen fly lints (is that what to call them?), hung up high in barns and stables. They work with a pulley system of sorts to get fresh new lint from the spool once the used part is full and done with.

Gah. I'm horrible at explaining or finding words this morning. Please pretend we're playing some version of a game of Charades.

Last edited:
Back