Help with Photo Posting Please

I hope this is the forum to post this, but I am having a difficult time finding any info on how to attach a photo to a post. I searched the help files and I found some info on the Gallery, but nothing specific that takes you from A to B  for taking a photo from your computer and placing it on your post.

Can someone please walk a person with very little computer tech skills through the process? Like click here, then here. Also can you tell me the maximum pixel size if there is one? Thank you

I use photobucket so open a free account at that site. Once that is done you need to upload the pictures you want from your computer to the photobucket account. On photobucket its easy you will see a large "Upload" button at the top of the screen so click that it will take you to a new screen where you can click browse files click that and it will open a small window showing your hard drive now you need to pick the photos you want to upload to the account. Once you have selected the file or files to upload to the account it will start uploading them automatically.

You now have photos on the account you can view all your pictures by clicking on library. Next step is getting those photos from the photobucket account to here so click on library and click on one of your pictures and you will see the picture and to the right a list of links to share this picture. Click on the "IMG" one and it will say copied now all you have to do is paste what is copied and it will show you your picture on THP like this.

Thank you sounds good Hophead, I'll give it a go. Do I have to make the photos smaller, or does it do it automatically. Also I'm just curious, if you can copy paste from photobucket, I wonder why we can't copy paste from our computer file.

SL3 said:
Thank you sounds good Hophead, I'll give it a go. Do I have to make the photos smaller, or does it do it automatically. Also I'm just curious, if you can copy paste from photobucket, I wonder why we can't copy paste from our computer file.
Copy and pasting from a site is using the link to a site that has file that is already uploaded and visible. Depending on the account you have here, I think it is account based you can click the lower right more reply options and upload and attach a photo. 

SL3 said:

When you post an image on here you actually just copy the address to the picture, the image file itself is still hosted off site. Think of it this way:

On your PC say your photos are in C:\My Photos. You have Picture 1 in C:\My Photos\Pic1.jpg. Think of "C:\My Photos\Pic1.jpg" as the home address of this picture. If you were to try and link that only your computer would be able to see it since the address is pointing to a local file.

After you upload a photo to a hosting site such as Imgur (personal favorite) or photobucket or whatever, the new address would be a URL like 

http://i.imgur.com/Pic1.jpg

Since the new "address" for the picture now points to an image on the internet instead of a file hosted locally on your computer it is available for everybody to view.

Step-by-step how to post an image:

1) Go to imgur.com. It will look like this. You can optionally register for a free account which will then keep all your pictures saved together. An account isn't necessary to upload pictures but unless you save the address it will be difficult to find your picture again. On imgur file size doesn't matter but any file over 2 megabytes will be automatically resized for you.

Click on the little up arrow to bring up the dialog box for uploading pictures:

UMwiYu4.png

2) The upload box looks like this. You can click "browse your computer" to open up a file browser & navigate to your picture. Or you if you already have a file browser window open you can click on the image file & drag it onto the dialog box.

td7evOS.png

3) Browse to your image, select it & click open. 

Qvjp1vY.png

4) Now your upload box will look like this. Click Start upload:

XKGwWUN.png

5) After the upload completes a page like this should pop up. Copy the Direct Link url to your clipboard. In this pic the URL would be 

http://i.imgur.com/ujjERYX.jpg

RUj9GRL.png

6) Back on thehotpepper.com your reply box should look like this. Click the image circled in red to bring up the next dialog box:
0nwPkBR.png

Which will look like this:

l1kefOt.png

7) Paste the URL from your clipboard into this dialog box

XilAeai.png

8) Click OK and your image is now embedded!

ujjERYX.jpg

what about  posting a video in a post, I've look in suppport and what was said is not working...I've tried several ways.

I dont get it, I could do this along time ago.

chilehunter said:
what about  posting a video in a post, I've look in suppport and what was said is not working...I've tried several ways.

I dont get it, I could do this along time ago.

So I'm pretty sure there used to be a youtube button or something that let you embed videos. Currently they're supposed to just work when you paste a link in a post. However this does not work for me. If you want to embed a video you can use this syntax though:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-XpMwkJa24[/youtube]

Just change the link between the two tags to whatever vid you want to embed.

How it turns out:

You can also get an extreme membership which will allow you to upload directly to a post.
Never mind. I see THP beat me to the punch :)

TXCG said:

So I'm pretty sure there used to be a youtube button or something that let you embed videos. Currently they're supposed to just work when you paste a link in a post. However this does not work for me. If you want to embed a video you can use this syntax though:

How it turns out:

for some stupid reason I cant paste on this site....go figure
when it comes to pasting the info I need to post a video, but can paste other stuff...go figure.
I know that sounds stupid but I'm serious, I've tried several times/ways

TXCG said:

Code:
^ Can anyone please elaborate on this a little bit for me? Specifically, on an iPhone in "Desktop" mode

"Syntax"? (< huh?) "Change the link" how?

Thanks!

Back