• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Help with tomato leaf issue?

Hello, this year is my first year gardening and I added peppers to my roster because they're sort of similar to my hot peppers. Recently I've noticed that the leaves of my seedlings are curling very significantly downward and in toward the stem. This is only happening on my KBX tomato seedling and not the other two types I'm growing. Is this a disease or have I done something terribly wrong? Thank you!

Attachments

• 20200418_183148.jpg
    20200418_183148.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 20200418_183154.jpg
    20200418_183154.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 123
  • 20200418_183201.jpg
    20200418_183201.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 121
Don't know what's going on with your plants, or if anything IS wrong lol.

If it was me, I'd pop over to Rajun Gardener's website and ask there. Those folks are amazing when it comes to tomatoes.

https://www.tomatojunction.com/

Good luck with it!

The tomato plants might be a bit too cool and wet. They love water, but not really wet. Tomatoes are quite resilient and will perk up when you start hardening them off slowly. Shade for 1-2 days, then an hour or so every day of sun, increasing 1-2 hours of sun every day.

Meimisk said:
Thank you!

Can't help with your leaf issue but with the sideways pix I have this:

It is the stored EXIF Data that causes this.

Even if you don't have an iPhone (And this article talks about email orientation.), this is helpful, Why iPhone pictures flip when emailed, and how to fix it and LifeWire-How to Fix a Digital Photo Turned Sideways(Rotate pictures that display sideways online)

Our intrepid leader posted this helpful hint.

The Hot Pepper said:
If you edit the pic before uploading it will upload correctly. Editing it "saves" the orientation instead of using native, which would be the way you held the phone. Really it is uploading correctly, but other sites like FB have better software that read the orientation EXIF.
iphone
Why iPhone pictures flip when emailed, and how to fix it

LifeWire-How to Fix a Digital Photo Turned Sideways(Rotate pictures that display sideways online)

Back