• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

water Help with watering peppers

I just bought a automatic watering timer that I hope will help me out when I am not home and at work. Only thing I need to know is how long do I need to leave it running for so I don't waste my water and have a outrageous water bill and on the flip side of it I don't want to dry them out also. I have built 2 4x8x10 boxes and will have just over 16 peppers to water. I have 3 sprinkler heads that spray in a 360 degree constant pattern. Any help with how long to keep it running and what time is the best time to water is greatly appreciated.

only an Alabama fan would ask that question and the answer is "it depends"...many variables...you are the only one that can answer that question, especially with the boxes you have built....so your boxes are 4 X 8 X 10 ????? all feet?...

and yes, I am picking on you...round the bowl, down the hole, roll tide roll.... :rofl:

seriously, only you can answer that question because of all the variables...how well does your soil drain/retain water is one major question...the rest is just going to have to come from experience...but remember...peppers hate wet feet...

Are you mad at one of the following reasons:
(1) y'all lost against us aka - Alabama is better than War Beagles?
(2) y'all can't find/pay another "Scam Newton"?
(3) or y'all don't have any chance of winning again this year?

Now, with that out of the way, the box's are 4ft wide by 8ft long by 10in tall and I am using a combination of top soil, mushroom compost, cow manure, sphagnum peat moss, and Miracle Gro garden soil. Also using non-treated wood too. I kind of knew that they didn't like to much water. Guess I will try to figure out what's best for me with trial and error like you said. Just trying to save money on watering, that's all.

Oh yeah, RAMMER JAMMER YELLOW HAMMER GIVE EM HELL ALABAMA!!!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!

If I were you, I would water them really well...let it sit for a day, then dig down to the bottom and see how wet it is...not much else I know to tell you...experiment...I am also on timers for my fertigation system but I use 5 gallon containers so I am really not much help...

to continue the bama/AU thing...since 1990, we are 11/11, overall bama leads the series 41-34-1, so I would say it is pretty evenly matched...and what's up with the elephant?....and roll tide...I didn't know elephants were sea creatures...and I bet the comeback from 24 points down led by Mr. Newton really pissed you guys off... :rofl:

I think youre best off running your system manually and figuring out how much is enough / not too much. Better to beta test your own system while you have the time to monitor it than over or under water based on someone elses suggestions.

Back