• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Here is my "Glog" about the peppers I am growing

Well I have pretty much planted all of my various chili pepper plants
some in full sun and several in the shade I have about two more that
I need to plant into the 7 gal cloth planter bags.  I wish I knew if they would be 
fine in the shadier part of the yard where I have other pots with chili pepper plants
because I feel that these habanero type peppers might do better with some shade
as it will get very hot and humid here in Houston, TX

I also tried some seeds in seed starter kits but so far after even a week or two I have
not seen any seedlings.  So I don't know if I am going to get any pepper plants from
seeds.

dae74520858775f97cb3738c5358f16a.jpg

Not to steal your thunder but I think this should have been your 1st post (Note date of May 1st.):

Willinator said:
Well my chili pepper plants have arrived and I will put them in pots this weekend.
I will be using various types of pots with good leaf-mold compost for soil and I plan on
adding some organic fertilizer to the mix.  The plants are already good size and I 
have them out on the deck to acclimate to our Houston, TX weather as these came
from New Jersey (Cross Country Nursery)  I am looking forward to getting the plants
in place and will put them principally in full sun where I had my plants from last year
planted.

Well as you can see I am somewhat new at this but I have now put all of my
chili pepper plants in some kind of pots and have still seen no activity from the 
seed starter.  So far, no chili plant seedlings.

Willinator said:
have still seen no activity from the seed starter.  So far, no chili plant seedlings.

So what's your seed starting method? Any pix?

PS

Willinator said:
Well as you can see I am somewhat new at this but I have now put all of my
chili pepper plants in some kind of pots
Now that your feet are wet, post some oix!

Well when I say nothing I mean there is no sign of any activity for seedlings at all I 
really mean nothing.  There is nothing showing in any of the seed starters and I
figure that I am just lousy when it comes to trying to grow from seeds.  I just don't 
know what to do.  I do fine usually when I have plants but not from seeds.

Willinator said:
Well when I say nothing I mean there is no sign of any activity for seedlings at all I 
really mean nothing.  There is nothing showing in any of the seed starters and I
figure that I am just lousy when it comes to trying to grow from seeds.  I just don't 
know what to do.  I do fine usually when I have plants but not from seeds.
Any time I've had issues with germination as you
describe, usually the media was too hot and damp,
and the seeds rotted. I could never find them afterward.

Not sure that's the case here, but you are not alone. 
I had two really bad seasons' germination results
around 2015, and I could never figure out why.

Good luck, there is always hope - life force and all.

Well it is probably one of those "just not meant to be" but the good thing
is that all of my chili pepper plants are in place and we are just waiting for
flowers and fruit on the plants but since they were planted the first weekend
in May I am not expecting anything except growing plants until the end of 
June or the beginning of July 2020 for the early fruits and then it should be 
September for the habanero types.

I am not a big producer of pics and I would not have a clue on how to post a picture even if I had taken some!
So unless someone wants to post some pictures I will have to pass until the plants are much further along and 
then I will have to get out there with my camera and try to take some pictures of the chili plants.

Willinator said:
I am not a big producer of pics and I would not have a clue on how to post a picture even if I had taken some!
Well you now have a glog so let's work on improvement! Along with seed starting for next season!
Willinator said:
So unless someone wants to post some pictures I will have to pass until the plants are much further along
I'll gladly post pix, see below, but we'd rather see yours,
Willinator said:
and then I will have to get out there with my camera and try to take some pictures of the chili plants.
So let's start here, are you serious about a camera or did you mean phone/camera combo?

w53Cvpz.jpg

Note this pic is sideways - it was taken with a phone/camera. LifeWire-How to Fix a Digital Photo Turned Sideways(Rotate pictures that display sideways online)

I do need to go ahead and take a bunch of pictures of the chili plants that I have just put in pots
Which means I could take at least 19 pictures because of the 30 chili plants I ordered I kept
19 of them and they are all planted in containers and I just need to take the pictures.

Back