• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Here Is What I Am Planting This Spring

Here is what I am planting come this spring. Last Spring (2009) was my first year to garden. I had success and failures. I learned alot. I went and bought a CASE 1140 tractor along with a 48 inch tiller for the back of it. That takes ALOT of the work out of gardening.

01. Red Malabar Spinach
02. Cowhorn Okra
03. Burgundy Okra
04. Green Tint Scallop Squash
05. Golden Marbre Scallop Squash
06. White Scallop Squash
07. Chinese Red Noodle Bean
08. Christmas Pole Lima Bean
09. Henderson's Bush Lima Bean
10. Dwarf Gray Sugar Peas
11. Alaska Peas
12. Sweet Corn
13. Tomatillo
14. Fordhook Summer Squash
15. Wando Peas
16. Long Standing Spinach
17. Pic-N-Pic Hybrid Summer Squash
18. Beets

Tomatoes

01. Azoychka
02. Gold Nugget
03. Giant Belgium
04. Cherokee Purple
Plus whatever the local plant nursery has that I might like

Peppers
01. Sweet Bell Pepper Mix
02. Sheepnose Pimento

Hot Peppers (these are what some of yall are sending me
01. 7 pot
02. Trinidad Scorpion
03. Bhut Jolokia
04. Monzano
There may be other seeds in the packet but I have to wait to see. Once they get here I will then order the rest of what I want to grow as far as peppers go. I am always looking for suggestions from yall.

I have plenty of land to garden on plus I have a nice fishing pond that I can water the garden with. I may sink a well back there just to have running water without having to start a gas water pump.

A 48 in tiller would definately help. All I have is a little mantis tiller. My garden is at the bottom of a steep hill and getting anything else down there is impossible.

I can't stop at 4 varieties though. This upcoming season, I am up to about 40 varieties of tomatoes and 30 varieties of peppers. I hope you have a great year!

jacob

Back