Hi-dee-ho

Hey folks!

I think I just found a slice of heaven in this forum. I've been noodling around gardening forums, but they just lack that "bite" that I'm looking for. A fella can only talk about yellow squash fer so long before he wants to smash one upside someone's dome. But I digress.

Anyway, I'm from God's Country, Wisconsin. I have to keep telling myself that as I shovel snow 7 months of the year and fend off mosquitos the other 5. I have been growing jalapenos for about 11 years, but only got seriously afflicted with hots maybe 5 years ago. Until that point, I thought jalapenos were only for chopping up in salsa. I grew some Habs a few years back and had such a huge harvest that I froze them whole and threw most of them out the following spring. I think I was skeert of 'em. Shortly after that Wifey and I were at a "real" Mexican restaurant (not many in these parts) and I was exposed to Cholula and Tapatio hot sauces. Zing! I was hooked. Previous hot sauce experience was with that red vinegar they call Tabasco - yeck. So, roll forward a few years...I'm growing Huns, Anaheims, Jal's, Serrano's, Hab's, and these nasty little red Thai ones. I've learned about grilling them, smoking them, pureeing them, drying them. Making my own sauces and chili powders and loving it.

So, I'm here to learn more. I have only grown the basic varieties, and I see from lurking around here that there are so many more kinds of peppers out there. Next year the garden (and my taste buds) are in for a shock!

Welcome! You came to the right place.

Cap said:
Hi dee ho Hankster!! Welcome Aboard...[/B']So do Chileheads in Wizzconsin refer to themselves as Chile-Cheese Heads?

LOL, yeah, they wear those cheese head hats, but they are nacho cheese.

You see Hank, the welcome thread, is really the thread where the hazing takes place. If you can survive the abuse, then yer in! Naw, just kiddin', you sound like family already....:hell:

Cap said:
Hi dee ho Hankster!! Welcome Aboard...[/B']So do Chileheads in Wizzconsin refer to themselves as Chile-Cheese Heads?

Not bad.....maybe I should change my screen name...:hell:

thehotpepper.com said:
LOL, yeah, they wear those cheese head hats, but they are nacho cheese.
Funny thing about those hats. If you take one off - and I seldom do - the underside not only has a hole fer yer head, it's got a smaller hole in each of the corners. And they fit a beer can perfectly. And the center part can be used fer popcorn or chips or peanuts. Design flaw - I think not!

Hank said:
Funny thing about those hats. If you take one off - and I seldom do - the underside not only has a hole fer yer head, it's got a smaller hole in each of the corners. And they fit a beer can perfectly. And the center part can be used fer popcorn or chips or peanuts. Design flaw - I think not!

What a cool idea! I'll bet the dude who invented that is now a gazillionaire!
I think a built-in GPS would be a good idea. That way the drunks could find their way home after a game or party. :hell:

Hank said:
And the center part can be used fer popcorn or chips or peanuts. Design flaw - I think not!
Let's all eat some popcorn from the sweaty head hole, mmmm. :hell:

Hank said:
:hell: :lol:

I must go find one of these mystical cheese beer holding devices!

Cap said:
[COLOR=#000080']I think a built-in GPS would be a good idea. That way the drunks could find their way home after a game or party. :cool: [/COLOR]
Well, with this being Wisconsin, we all have GPS's built in right next to the gun rack, just below the 8' CB whip sporting the red squirrel tail. We take this drinkin-n-drivin stuff seriously.

fatalliman said:
Hey Hank,
good to see a fellow wisconsinite aboard.
What parts you from?
I live in Grantsburg, Burnett County.
Marv
Green Bay way, hey. You one a them Viking fans? :cool: Grantsburg is practically MN....

Back