Hi everyone!

Hi everyone, I'm posting this thread from cell phone so I hope it doesn't come out. Super weird. My name is Diego and I have a very specific goal with my growing of peppers. My dad, his always really loved jalapeno poppers and I've always lived my dad. He's always been really proud of his name. Our family name h and you know I lost a lot of family recently. My dad's health is not so great either. So before we goes I want to breed a new variety name it after him and hopefully have it be one of the better peppers to use for poppers. As far as I know there is no Gerry pepper! Once it's stable. I'd like to send seeds to as many people as possible to really cement this variety as something that exists and not just a single heirloom that only my family grows. A real dream will come true with the selling this variety to a c company. So that way people all over the place can buy the Gerry pepper seed.
Sorry for any weird grammatical errors this thread might have. I'm using voice to text

Hi diegoghidalgo! Your goal is so sweet. I bet your father is charmed by this project of yours as well.

My dad and I used to make sambal together from the chilies of a plant he had in the backyard. Sweet memories. I saved some seeds from that plant after he passed away, but I never got them to germinate unfortunately. I still use his recipe for sambal though. (A little bit of this, some more of that, a dash of such and so... 😃)

Good luck with your project!

:welcome:
from the Pacific NorthWest, USA!

Hi diegoghidalgo! Your goal is so sweet. I bet your father is charmed by this project of yours as well.

My dad and I used to make sambal together from the chilies of a plant he had in the backyard. Sweet memories. I saved some seeds from that plant after he passed away, but I never got them to germinate unfortunately. I still use his recipe for sambal though. (A little bit of this, some more of that, a dash of such and so... 😃)

Good luck with your project!
Hello,

I don't think I've ever had Sambal I'll have to give it a try! IT's a shame to hear about the seeds from your dad's garden. Perhaps you can do what I"m doing and try to select for the traits of the peppers you remember. If you grow, of course.

Back