Hi From Florida!

Just found a link to this Forum and WOW!!!
I wish I knew y'all were here sooner...

Hello to all from Central Florida.
Name here is Bill.
My Dad worked most of his life in the orange groves of Florida and he used to grow peppers that grew wild in the groves.
As best as I can tell they were some sort of Chili pepper.
He passed away several years ago and I miss those peppers!
I recently found out that he had given a friend of his some pepper plants and the old friend has offered to give me several of my Dad's plants. :)
So, I am going to try to carry on growing peppers.
Hopefully, in a few years one of my children will continue to grow (and share) the peppers that I grow.
But, I also can't wait to grow something a little hotter.

Thanks to all of you for your vast wealth of knowledge.
Bill

Welcome from central Texas!  I'm sure many would love to see pics of the pepper that your Dad grew when you get a chance.  What color were they? Red or maybe Yellow...

Just curious!  St. Agustine Fl. has it's own unique pepper called Datil, it's yellow, but  I think there is a wild small red pepper too.

Mike

Thanks to all for the great welcome!!!

capsidadburn said:
Welcome from central Texas!  I'm sure many would love to see pics of the pepper that your Dad grew when you get a chance.  What color were they? Red or maybe Yellow...

Just curious!  St. Agustine Fl. has it's own unique pepper called Datil, it's yellow, but  I think there is a wild small red pepper too.

Mike

Mike,
There were two different types that my Dad grew. Both would ripen to bright red. However, one type was about an inch long, about a quarter of an inch in diameter and would hang downward. The second type was only about one half of an inch long, about a quarter of an inch diameter but always grew pointing up...
As soon as I can, I will post photos of what my Dad's friend has.
Thanks for asking,
Bill

Back