• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Hi, is it possible to tell what this is?

I cant find my note where i wrote what type of chili is in the different pots. This plant is 11 weeks and the fruit is 3-4 weeks. After what i did order it shold be one of this.

Scotch Bonnet Jamaican Yellow
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Habanero Hot Lemon
Limon
Madame Jeanette
Malawi Bird’s eye
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion yellow

2014-05-26_13-08-50.png

2014-05-26_13-09-19.png

C. annuums will also have only one pepper or flower per node, where c. chinense will have multiple flowers or peppers on each node. Tell me more about these madame jeanettes..... tasty? First time seeing that name!

Annuums, pubescens, baccatuums, etc., are all major groupings of chile pepper plant types. Annuums are usually pretty easy to grow and are typically faster producers than other types. As noted above, their leaf shape is typically eye-shaped - pointy at the tip and stem, wider in the middle. They typically have white flowers and a dominant Y-shaped single main stem. Check out a site such as www.thechileman.org or www.chileplants.com - both of those have a search feature that allows you to search by  type. chileman also has some very good articles on growing chiles.

Types other than annuums don't have the Y-shaped stem. They may have a large stem that is hardly more than a stump, then put out big branches from it, then smaller branches from those - they may even look like they have no central axis above ground. Others do put out a large central stem along with smaller branches extending from the base. Best wishes with your grow!

hm, i did find my paper where i wrote down what the type it is in the different pots. This pot (the one with Malawi) should have Bhut Jolokia Chocolate, i must have mixed the seeds/names. I must take more photo of the other plants to see what they can be.

This one is pot #5 and that should have been Malawi Bird's Eye (if my paper was correct), but i think that maybe that is Limon ( http://www.peperzadenwinkel.be/detail/248316-limon-limon ) since the pods look a litle bit more round? The plant is 8-9" high

2014-05-26%2017.47.35%20%28Medium%29.jpg

2014-05-26%2017.47.22%20%28Medium%29.jpg

2014-05-26%2017.47.03%20%28Medium%29.jpg

2014-05-26%2017.46.52%20%28Medium%29.jpg

It looks like an annuum to me, my jalapeños look like that plant.
Fruit looks unlike a limon, looks more like annuum fruit, maybe even a kind of jalapeño...
The flower you show looks like those I get on my jalapeños, so I think that pepper plant is an annuum.

if #5 has a white flower and based on all the pictures and member inputs it is an annuum.......besides a limon is baccatuum which would tend to point towards a white flower with green/yellow markings on the inside of the flower. kind of neat how we can narrow things down.

good luck.....now to google to see what is special about the Malawi Bird's Eye, thanks for sharing.

Bit late on this one but that ain't no bird's eye - bird's eye's (piri piri/african devils/etc) are C. frutescens.  That looks to be an annuum - which would exclude it as Limobn - which is a C. chinense cultivar.

Buzz said:
C. annuums will also have only one pepper or flower per node, where c. chinense will have multiple flowers or peppers on each node. Tell me more about these madame jeanettes..... tasty? First time seeing that name!
madame jeanette is a southern carribean habanero type found on islands just north of venezuela like curacao, antigua, aruba, volmer etc, very good producer of very fruity, very tasty, fairly hot pods! 

Back