HI MARCHA TE

4712050478_c3418f4586.jpg

Friends,

I just got a mail from my Friend Benjamin  from Bangalore that he has brought back HI MARCHA TE a Bird's Eye chilli variety which grows at 2000 meters above sea level. This variety is considered to be extremely pungent.

I am making arrangements for getting the pods and seeds to USA.

Will keep you guys posted.

NJA

Friends,

Once I get the seeds in my hand, I will make an announcement here.

thanks for the interest.

I am super excited because this variety of Bird's eye grows at 2000 meters above sea level and must be very aromatic as well as HOT.

4712050478_c3418f4586.jpg

Friends,

I just got a mail from my Friend Benjamin  from Bangalore that he has brought back HI MARCHA TE a Bird's Eye chilli variety which grows at 2000 meters above sea level. This variety is considered to be extremely pungent.

I am making arrangements for getting the pods and seeds to USA.

Will keep you guys posted.

NJA
UPDATE

Just received a snap of the above from Ben,

4771256219_d9dd58b967_b.jpg

Does that mean it might grow well in a cooler climate? Or is it still very hot at 6,600 feet in India. I am at 4,700 feet here in West Texas and it has been around 100 degrees most of June, it just now starting to cool off back into the low 90's. Also It will be interesting to see if a chile that normally only grows at altitude will grow down at sea level. Here in El Paso the climate is very similar to India’s right down to the Aug/Sept monsoons so if you need a control group to mimic their native grow conditions I will volunteer … hehehehe.

Beaglestorm

Does that mean it might grow well in a cooler climate? Or is it still very hot at 6,600 feet in India. I am at 4,700 feet here in West Texas and it has been around 100 degrees most of June, it just now starting to cool off back into the low 90's.  Also It will be interesting to see if a chile that normally only grows at altitude will grow down at sea level. Here in El Paso the climate is very similar to India's right down to the Aug/Sept monsoons so if you need a control group to mimic their native grow conditions I will volunteer … hehehehe.

Beaglestorm

I don't know how these peppers will behave in Texas. But if I were to take  example of Bhuts which grow at a good altitude, there should be no problem for these peppers.

If my health permits, I will grow them coming season.I don't  mind sharing seeds with THP members.

I don't know how these peppers will behave in Texas. But if I were to take  example of Bhuts which grow at a good altitude, there should be no problem for these peppers.

If my health permits, I will grow them coming season.I don't  mind sharing seeds with THP members.

I have 2 containers for next year labeled: "something interesting". I'd gladly relabel them to "Hi Marcha Te" if you'd share some :-)

Back