Hi! New here...and have a question!

Nicole said:
Thanks a lot for lookin out for me :o). .. I don't need seeds I have some I was just curious bc I freeze my peppers from the store often and wanted to know if I should bother saving them for next season .. I will take u up on your offer next year!!!!

Ahhhhhh Nicole...you must be answering me I think.
There goes a chance for me fliring with you.
How can girls be so cruel?:( Hahahahaha

Its ok, we are all a bunch of friendly neighbors here.
Just ask and thou shalt be given (seeds and advice)

NJA

Seeds from frozen pods will sometimes germinate but its best to dry the pods or seeds first, its the moisture that can destroy them when freezing

Greetings and Salutations from PA!

My suggestion is to try germinating the seeds as I've heard of frozen seeds growing just fine. A friend had a 'special variety' of seeds he obtained years before at a concert that he promptly froze and didn't try growing for a few years, he informed that they did grow out and produced a very nice product :)

Pepp3rFreak said:
My suggestion is to try germinating the seeds as I've heard of frozen seeds growing just fine. A friend had a 'special variety' of seeds he obtained years before at a concert that he promptly froze and didn't try growing for a few years, he informed that they did grow out and produced a very nice product :)

Dry seeds can keep for ages in the freezer, but as POTAWIE said - moisture will most likely kill fresh seeds that are frozen. Water expands when it freezes and the cells basically "explode". You might get some odd seed to germinate, but why bother?

Ohhh - I almost forgot: Welcome from the arctic Nicole!

I suppose I should add to this (dont know if it makes a difference) that I didnt de-seed peppers then freeze the seeds alone- I froze the peppers and the seeds are still in them.

That's probably better than freezing "free" seeds as you have some insulation however dry seeds are best imo.

Hello and welcome from Brisburn, Australia.

:welcome:

If it's your first time growing, what the hell, try the seeds anyway I reckon.

After reading about this place, I always assumed it was OK to freeze seeds? I guess they probably have some idea about ideal conditions and all that...

Welcome, click on my link below and you will see plants that are 1 month old, that I grew from frozen pods. I don't remember the variety now but they have been in the freezer for 3 years I believe, it may have been longer. I pulled them out of the freezer to through them into a stew, just to get rid of them. As the pods thawed, I sliced one and tasted, it was sweet and moderate heat. So, I seeded some pods and planted them in a container that has a tomato plant still growing in it. I do know the fruit is a thin skinned, ceyenne style pod.... wait, I don't remember, it could have been a hot portugal or red cherry, guess I will find out Sept.

Back