• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Hi, recently started growing hot peppers indoors. Would like to ask about some tips and help.

Recently I got sets to grow Habanero (red and yellow), trinidad scorpion, thai chili and carolina reaper. I've bought those small plastic containers for all of them with small plastic greenhouse in set. Since I live in north of Poland, I'm not sure about how necessary for me would be buying growing light, since I aware of bigger electricity bill. Also I don't have heat mat, instead I am relaying on radiator, which will heat the window sill above, where peppers will grow. Also I am not sure how important is putting seeds in warm water to disinfecate, is that must do, or just increaces the chances that it'd grow.
Any other tips for begging growing?

Recently I got sets to grow Habanero (red and yellow), trinidad scorpion, thai chili and carolina reaper. I've bought those small plastic containers for all of them with small plastic greenhouse in set. Since I live in north of Poland, I'm not sure about how necessary for me would be buying growing light, since I aware of bigger electricity bill. Also I don't have heat mat, instead I am relaying on radiator, which will heat the window sill above, where peppers will grow. Also I am not sure how important is putting seeds in warm water to disinfecate, is that must do, or just increaces the chances that it'd grow.
Welcome to THP!! I am sure you will get good advice from here. Enjoy!
Greetings from Argentina

Are you just starting them indoors, and will put them outside for the summer?

Are you just starting them indoors, and will put them outside for the summer?
Good morning. I live in Argentina and in a place where the plants stay outside. Plans grow for many years in the soil ourside. We are lucky here with our climate.
I know most of the others plant inside. They will tell you all you need to know.
Good luck

Lights will definitely help those young plants get a good start before going outside.

I start mine indoors in early February, and plant out in late May.

I usually begin harvesting pods for the superhots in early September thru late October.

Annuums, such as Jalapenos, Bells, Cayennes start producing earlier, usually in July/August.

Last edited:
What kind of lights you guys suggest to use? Some cheap, but most importantly, least electricity using so I won't have big bill.
I use T5HO fluorescent, but a lot of people prefer LED.

Either way, the quality of the light (in terms of wavelengths that the plants can use) and intensity of light can vary, as well as efficiency (how much usable light per watt of power drawn from your electric service) among various fixtures. The best (quality and efficiency) fixtures generally are the most expensive.

Also, how much coverage do you need (how many plants are you growing)? As an example; I have two 2 foot by 4 foot shelves, each with a twelve lamp fixture, for approximately 60 plants.

I cannot recommend a specific fixture, but would suggest doing a good amount of research before buying.

I use T5HO fluorescent, but a lot of people prefer LED.

Either way, the quality of the light (in terms of wavelengths that the plants can use) and intensity of light can vary, as well as efficiency (how much usable light per watt of power drawn from your electric service) among various fixtures. The best (quality and efficiency) fixtures generally are the most expensive.

Also, how much coverage do you need (how many plants are you growing)? As an example; I have two 2 foot by 4 foot shelves, each with a twelve lamp fixture, for approximately 60 plants.

I cannot recommend a specific fixture, but would suggest doing a good amount of research before buying.

As a whole it's like 1,9x0,6 ft

I'll begin a new thread, about those lights.
There are quite a few threads already about lights & what kinds to get.
I moved to Plant LEDs 2 seasons ago & wondered what took me so long.

These are similar to the ones I use. https://www.amazon.pl/SF1000-stokro...iparspectra+xs1500&qid=1711485629&sr=8-9&th=1

1711485219058.png

Last edited:
Back