• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce High River Sauces "Tears of the Sun"

Gday all,

Thought i do a little review of "Tears of the Sun" from High River Sauces. After reading THP awards 2011, and seeing this sauce win best overall, thought to myself, have to get me some of it to try.
Emailed steve straight away and was very prompt with the replies. Being in Australia, postage is always a killer, (getting used to it) anyway he worked out a couple of options for postage and was great to find a couple of extra items thrown in with the order. Cheers!!! :cheers:

Now first of all, the label artwork, simple but effective, really does stand out, colors work great, screams out hot sauce.
First opening, aroma is good, definitely get a array of flavours. Mixture of sweetness from all the fruits and slight hint of the apple vinegar.
Taste, well as the label says 'tastebuds greeted by the sweetness, then rising like the sun on a hot summers day' exactly what it does, lots of sweetness, heaps of pineapple and mango, then the heat comes in, good amount of heat, wouldnt say overly hot, depending on your tolerance, but a good mild burn that lasts a little while. Sauce has a great texture to it, relatively smooth with a few little bits here and there.
So far i've had it with chicken, steak and funnily enough, on Dim Sims tonight, works great on all things so far.
Definitely wished i had bought a case of it, will go through it in no time. Also got some Hellacious to try, will wait ill i finish this lot first.

So hopefully done this review and sauce justice. Once again thanks for the sauces.
SDC11061.jpg

I am glad you dig it brother. I love it on chicken. Its like crack to me. LOL. I hope you enjoy the Hellacious too.

Bottles Up!

Back