• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Hispanic Market Place Find

Keep your eyes open and you never know what your going to find.

867374a4.jpg

Not really alot of heat maybe close to a mild Jalapeno but some really great flavor. I'm thinking of maybe using this as a stew base or maybe in some chili.

87e11b96.jpg

This had about the same amount of heat as the first one but where the first one was much more pungent this one had a sweetness to it.
Not sure what I'm going to do with it maybe use it in some Lemon Curd for the ham at Thanksgiving.

Cheers,
RM

Cool find... If ya ever make it up to howell br. and 436 in the harbor freight plaza, these the fancy produce market there, man they have everything. Even dry goods and meat, eggs, etc. Check it out if ya like Spanish food and such.

I actually went in there hoping it would be a good place to find some of the hit peppers I've been looking for.

i have a bodega near me that has that stuff too and the yellow is awesome and hotter than the Panca, the Panca is very mild, i eat a jar of the yellow in like 2 to 3 days :eek:
being a sauce maker myself i made the yellow sauce last year and it was much better than the jarred stuff :dance: i grow AJI YELLOW every year and have a free offer for the seeds
good stuff good find!!

your friend Joe

i have a bodega near me that has that stuff too and the yellow is awesome and hotter than the Panca, the Panca is very mild, i eat a jar of the yellow in like 2 to 3 days :eek:
being a sauce maker myself i made the yellow sauce last year and it was much better than the jarred stuff :dance: i grow AJI YELLOW every year and have a free offer for the seeds
good stuff good find!!

your friend Joe

Joe

How do you make your Aji Yellow sauce? I have seen some recipes that all you do is deseed, blend in oil and stick it in a jar.

I brought back a bunch of Peruvian Aji Amarillo fresh peppers from Frisco and I need to do something with them.

Martin

Joe

How do you make your Aji Yellow sauce? I have seen some recipes that all you do is deseed, blend in oil and stick it in a jar.

I brought back a bunch of Peruvian Aji Amarillo fresh peppers from Frisco and I need to do something with them.

Martin
hello
start by deseeding the peppers the more the better keep some of to the side to thicken the sauce as it blends
take blender add pepper
take water and a very small amount of vinegar not too much or it will destroy the flavor
add 3 tablespoons BALL FRUIT FRESH 2 tablespoons sugar 2 to 3 tablespoons sea salt
set blender to PUREE let run until it starts to puree then add the rest of the peppers until thick keep adding until desired thickness is met
put in jars or bottles
take a pot boiling water boil take off but bottles in until there hot remove repeat process two to three times

let sit for a few days unrefrigerated then serve

hope thi helps thanks your friend Joe

Back