holes in reapers?

I grew peppers for first time this summer and quite a few of my reapers had holes in them. some had some black mold looking stuff on the inside. Any idea what bug causes this? Wish i took some pictures of it but I don't think I took pictures of the bad ones.  Gonna get started early in January this year last year I started in early march any the reaper's didnt produce until very end of season. 

Thanks!

Weevils will bore into the fruit often through the stem. Water and whatever enters the breach and causes the mold among other things.

You haven't a clue about growing peppers and you start with Reapers, which even if you succeed are f*g inedible.

Are you aware of your damage?  

No, of course not.

That's the beauty of America, free of choice.
Original poster, grow what ever you heart pleases.
, Do not let others say what you should grow.
I love the Primo/reaper, I have a very high tolerance .
If you need help with your grow, I will be there for you. Please post some pics whenever you have an inquiry about your grow, it speaks volumes.

Please don't be discouraged in any way, THP has some of the best people around,

yeah exactly. Don't let someones dislike of a particular pepper color your view of something you've yet to try.

Are they hot? yep. But they have a good flavor as well.

Also as to your issue its hard to say exactly what pest causes that in your area - here in florida my first suspect is the evil leaf footed bug. Looks like a good predator at a certain instar, except it travels in packs and eats the crap out of my peppers. Bits a hole in the top or near the top, spits inside, and so some of the flesh melts down to the bottom where the bug bites again and drinks its spit/plant flesh smoothie.

They bite people too.

Leaves a nasty looking brown spot on the top of the pepper.

DMF said:
You haven't a clue about growing peppers and you start with Reapers, which even if you succeed are f*g inedible.

Are you aware of your damage?  

No, of course not.
What do you mean f*g inedible?
Education time!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvpwCBbWBXpc-AzNlkEf8RA

jsschrstrcks said:
yeah exactly. Don't let someones dislike of a particular pepper color your view of something you've yet to try.

Are they hot? yep. But they have a good flavor as well.

Absolutely^^^! Amazing flavor for something as hot as they are.

Back