Holy crap it's hot here today!

It had to get over 100 here in Long Beach Ca today my Kale that was growing all winter turned into a pile of wilted leaves, I hope this doesn't mean we are going to have a blazing summer this year.. 

:eek:  Wow,didnt realize ir was getting ike that. It was 85 yesterday here. 

Its going to be a hot summer get ready.

robbyjoe01 said:
Sorry to hear that. We're in the 40 to 70 range.........we need rain!

It has been raining all day here.  We have been in the high 70s low 80s so far, but today was a bit colder due to the rain.  Lows have been in the high 50s to low 60s.

In the 50-60deg. high range here in Richmond, KY.  Might get around to 70ish soon if the weatherman sobers up soon.  Sorry to hear about your crop though, no doubt temps like that can be a shock to plants. 

I've never been anywhere near the west coast so I'm honestly shocked to see temps like that in freaking March.  Those of us in the NE/Eastern/E. Central/etc. regions have had one hell of a winter and it's not wanting to give up quite yet.  This will be my first year growing peppers (reapers, butch t, brainstrain, bhuts, etc.) so I'm actually hoping for once that this will be a warm summer which in KY usually means avg 85-95 by July/August, much less 100 in freaking MARCH like you masochists are getting.

Jeez.  I can't blame your Kale for wilting; I would wilt too :)

The high was only 12° today, and the local weather station predicts Saturday night lows of 1-below, here in Canada, the "Great White North"...

...but that's Celsius, not Fahrenheit, and i'm on Vancouver Island. Today's high was about 54°F, and we'll have a light frost at sunrise, briefly, on Sunday morning.

It was 19C here today! (66F) which is fantastic for mid-March in Canada. I'm hoping that we continue with this nice weather so that my plants can head outside sooner than usual this year. I even put a few plants out for a couple hours this afternoon to get some real sunshine.

Glad to hear it, Jacqui276. Unfortunately, although the temperature/precipitation situation here is quite benign, the fur/hooves predicament isn't. I have to establish more landmines and stock up on razorwire before i set plants outside... Damn those deer!!

...sorry, this thread is about the heat, not my ignoble plight of 'Bambi bamnation'... 'scuse the hijack!

20150314_084145_zpsextorc3x.jpg

Hope it cools down I got 50 plus pepper plants coming on Tuesday this "Hardening" crap sucks the plants I have now do not like the heat!

Wow, mid 90s along the LA coast is nuts.  The Aridzona desert has only managed a few days in the low 80s so far this year...

Back