• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Holy quick to germinate!

Everything I've read says that chinense and pubes take at least a week to germinate, often up to three weeks. For some reason this is not how it's turning out for me... I planted on 18 th pretty late at night... Like around 3am lol and started seeing the first hooks on the 20th. Yesterday morning I counted a dozen varieties up, some with 2 - 4 of the 5 of each seeds sowed. Even more are up today too!

Anyway just curious if this is normal? I mean it's still only day six.

I`ve had chinense seeds up in 4 days and I`ve had them up in 90 days. And everywhere in-between. Fresh seed usually comes up in 6-18 days. 

For me, pubescens isn`t all that different. 12-30 days in general. Fastest was maybe 7-8 days. 

If yours are up sooner, congratulations!

Those longer times are usually without heating pad. Mine are usually all up within 10 days. Like nigel though, I have had some up in 4 days quite often.

Cool! Like said it happens, especially with fresh seeds. I just had a seed sprout while it was soaking, waiting to be planted. It was in water for about 30 hours.

Cool ok. It really caught me off guard bc my lights are coming in as a Christmas gift. I rigged up a couple little CFls that are better than nothing.

Didn't really do anything unusual.. 90f on avg, a quick bath in h2o2 and then an 8hr soak in camomile tea then a dip into some mychorrizal spores and bacteria sludge and in they went.

Hey Jamison I've gone 5 for 5 on the MOAs you sent me, probably going to cull the 2 weakest after a couple weeks though.

I've been watering with a spray bottle that has some of the mychorrizae in it as well in case that camomile tea dunk prevented a solid inoculation from the start. My theory is if I load up on that and the beneficial bacteria the bad guys won't have a shot at getting a foothold.

Edit: and thanks for the feedback guys. This is my first go at this and your expertise is appreciated.

You must have been really lucky. My brown moruga kept hiding in a seed for weeks. It's still only two inches tall and I planted it in late October.

Back