food Home made Jalapeño pizza

As our first Jalapeño was ready my girlfriend decided to make pizza, the base and sauce are home made, the Jal and basil are home grown. The other toppings were bacon, mushroom, red onion, red bell pepper, mozzarella and chedder

3755244887_23eeb35b51.jpg

3755245713_6e2172bb7c.jpg

3755244143_31e0554bf7.jpg

There was some base left over so she made a sweet calzone with nutella and banana for dessert

3755243461_27e5a7bb16.jpg

The pizza base and tomato sauce recipes were from Jamie at Home (Jamie Oliver) and it was great, one of the best pizzas I've ever had.

Aw Nutella :drooling: add crunchy peanut butter and that's perfect. White Habs are great on pizza too Lally, oh and those Peter Pepper things that taste like sh*t (that people like me grow out of curiosity) but once cooked with all that cheese they don't taste so bad.

Well done! That pizza looks perfectly cooked.

wow!!!

I'm making pizza tonight...might have to sneak some jals on there too! Looks great! How was the calzone?
Great pics, looks like an awesome meal!

FD

Cheezy hot, blue, and righteous goodness you have there amigo! You rolled right into the forum on a trainload of WIN!

Salute', TB.

Thanks for all the comments guys, the pizza was great, there should have been enough for 2 dinners and lunch but it never made it past lunch...

@imaguitargod I know it's green but I've been staring at it for weeks and it looked so tasty I couldn't resist, there are more jals on the way although they seem to be taking forever to grow (the weather has turned crappy)

@frydad4 The calzone was great as well, it was a bit of an after thought really with the left over pizza dough but it was very tasty, nuts and fruit are good for you right?

@rainbowberry I'm not sure I like the thought of eating cheezy peters...
I'm a pepper newbie as well, this is my first time with any success growing them and the seeds were just from the local tool shop, Jals and Cayenne. I'll have to try some more varieties next year. The hottest pepper I've eaten so far is the (green) cayenne so there's a long way to go...

Noshownate said:
defiantelt perefectly oooked, all ingredients all good hell yeah!
home made should be made nice, inspiring!

Thanks, It's just a pain now having to wait for the rest of the chillies to ripen, having tasted the cayenne and jalapeños green it'll be nice to try them ripe :onfire:

*goes back to lurking on the hot sauces threads...

Diggin' this thread. I can't believe I missed this post! I made a pizza and a calzone for the mac throwdown... great minds... Good show Lally.

pizza

home-made pizza is the ultimate, & that one looks great!add some decent pods & it's even better for the ol' taste buds.
the calzone was an inspired idea too, not letting any good dough go to waste.
rb's idea of adding pnut butter tickles my tastebuds too tho'.:)

Back