• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Horticultural Modular LEDs

www.mouser.com/illumitexhorticulture/

Click on the data sheets.

Modules you just plug into each other for greenhouses etc.
Pretty cool.
They must be crazy bright the pics show them in a greenhouse on tracks that look like they raise and lower.
Modules look pretty far apart on the tracks.
I guess if you used them in a greenhouse you'd have to put a motion detector on them so they would automatically raise and lower when you are working with your plants.Otherwise you'd be constantly waiting for them to get out of the way...

Make UFO's etc look like toys.

Gotta win the Lotto probably to buy them...Cool idea though.

Those are some cool LEDs. I love the modular idea, it makes it easier to think up a nice low-power grow room. I'd have to spend an hour on there before I'd even know where to begin buying and how much it would cost to light a 4'x4' grow space though, this seems like a lot of data to sift through and a lot of choices for each node. Certainly seems pricy but I'm sure those are some of the best LED setups on the market.

A 16 LED module sells for $61.00.

You better be growing something that sells for a lot of money if you are lighting a greenhouse with them or you will die of old age before they pay for themselves.

I do like the Idea.
They say they make specific ones for whatever you are growing too.

From what I saw I would think that you would want about 1 module per 2 ft sq area, so for a 4x4 room you could get away with 8 modules, assuming that you would keep the lights about 8 inches from the plants in order to reach 1000 PPF. I guess that is also assuming no overlap in the lighting areas of each module. $500 for lighting? Might actually be cost effective if you figure in the savings over a 600W HID light in the same space. I had trouble diserning what the actual power draw would be for each module so maybe someone else could figure out the savings per year?

The cool thing is since it is modular, given a limitless budget you could buy 8 F7 modules for your vegetative cycle then switch them out with 8 F1 modules for bloom rather easily. The F6 looks to have a nice mix of spectrums but if I am reading it correctly you are losing about 30% of the effective PPF.

I think they probably are geared to setting up a pot grow.

Actually several plants need specific light requirements,some orchids for one.Some Orchids are worth big bucks...

I've read about hemps need for different light wavelengths for different growth stages.
They do offer to make the modules into any light/wavelength blend you need for the specific plant you are growing,custom modules.

Cool idea and their "Plug and Play" is easy to work with.
Want more or less of something you just pop in a few LEDs and your set.

Back