food Hot and Spicy Foods Rock

You just can't beat Hot and Spicy Foods. Once you've had it, you just can't go back to Bland Food.
I eat Hot Peppers everyday with Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
How about you?
If you like to Travel, the cultures with Spicy and Tasty Food are absolutely the best.
Here is one of my Customers...Shawn...with his Hot Sauce Recipe. ENJOY!

Ingredients
2 Tbsp. butter
¾ cup chopped onion
½ cup celery with leaves, diced
½ cup green bell pepper, diced
2 Tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
2 cans (14.5 oz) tomatoes, drained & chopped
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. molasses
2 lemon slices
*3 fresh Habaneros Seeded and chopped
2 tsp. dry mustard
1 bay leaf
1 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
3 fresh Sage leaves or 1 tsp. Dried sage
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
2 Tbsp Jamican Rum

Directions:

In a large heavy non-aluminum saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Saute 7 -8 min., stirring frequently until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to low, cover and simmer 30 min., stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat. Remove and discard lemon slices and bay leaf. Process in a blender until smooth.

*Or use your favorite Hot Pepper to taste

Shawn
Newark, Delaware

Does not sound good to me. Goes from a stew base, to BBQ sauce, to jerk sounding... not too pleasant.

I agree with THP. That sauce is way too busy and unnecessary. Celery? Bay leaf? Sage? Old Bay? Less foo foo and more peppers to other stuff ratio. For that recipe I'd have at least 20-30 habs to make it right.

Now that we got the critique out 'da way..welcome PJ! Let us edumacate you, and while you bring your new brand of mojo! We gots lots that want to party with you right here!

Back