food Hot Chocolate Shrimp

now you need an open mind when it comes to this recipe.. it doesnt sound quite right but trust me on this, after you eat one..well one just wont be enough..lol

ok this is not really hot chocolate but it is pretty darn good if i do say so myself..lol

12 medium-large shrimp - tails on - butterflied
1/4 cup seasoned flour - i used cajun spice
1 tablespoon dry sherry( i used 2 tablespoons juice this time)
1 large navel orange - juiced
1/2oz + dark chocolate (i used semi sweet)
olive oil for frying
2 gloves garlic, minced
1" fresh ginger minced(about a tablespoon)
1 small red chile - minced and seeded(i used half jalapeno to test this recipe out)it wil be hotter next time

dredge the shrimp in the seasoned flour, set aside

in a sauce pan, add the juice and sherry,bring to a boil. once boiling starts, remove from heat and stir in chocolate. mix well. i had to reduce my sauce a little to thicken.

in a small frypan, saute garlic,pepper,ginger, when done take out of pan and set aside.fry shrimp in same oil. when done dip in sauce, pour remaiing sauce over,garnish with some orange zest

2ry56wp.jpg

33uwjkk.jpg

Pepperfreak said:
Looks good...And your right, needed to keep an open mind.

this one of those dishes that you really wont think you will like but after you eat it and its all gone you think "damn i want more of this.."... i am making more on thursday..lol

on one hand i think, mmmmmmm I'm just not sure but on the other hand i think I really have to try it....:lol:

Back