• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hot house

This year is going to be AWESOME (I hope). Anyway right now I have about 30 different varieties of peppers I am starting off in an enclosed Jiffy tray. I have a tall lid on it but I was wondering how long I should keep them in there for. I also have the tray sitting on a heat mat keeping everything nice, moist, and humid. So far things are looking GREAT. Almost all seeds have sprouted and they all still have their first sets of leaves. I have contemplated on keeping the lid on for one more week and then taking it off and getting the fan blowing on them to strengthen them up. I guess so I will finally shut up, what I am asking is this. Is my plan a good one? When is a good time to take the lid off (I take it off for small periods for watering and such) and leave it off?

Oh yeah they are getting very good amounts of light. I heard that we (Minnesotans) should not be placing anything out in the garden until the 15th of May so I will be keeping them indoors for now. But they do get a lot of good light. So should I get the fan blowing on them to then to get those stocks toughened up?

The sooner the better for the fan, start off on the lower speeds and work your way up as they get stronger. All the best for the season ahead.

Back