food Hot Jerky

I made Beef jerky today. I used corned beef, Topside roast, and minced topside.

Recipe:

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp powdered garlic
1 tsp powdered onion
1/4 tsp liquid smoke
1 tsp cayenne powder
1 tbsp of Jack Daniels

I marinated the meat for 36 hours then just before putting the meat in the dehydrator I sprinkled a small amount of BHUT powder over it all.....:mouthonfire:

This stuff is HOT but so good.......I'm very happy with the final result....

IMG_1192.jpg

Top is Corned beef
Bottom left is the mince. (half was pushed through a round jerky tube and the other half through a flat jerky tube)
Bottom right is Topside

Looks and sounds very tasty.

Moyboy= WIN!

I just love jerky and you have inspired me to make a batch myself. It has been a while since my last batch.

thanks mate. Yeah this was my first batch in about 10 months, and it made me remember how much I love this stuff :)

I love beef jerky i mostly use top round beef when i do jerky and have had great successes with hi mountain jerky spices.

Looks great moyboy i have been out of jerky spices for a few weeks i will try your recipe next time i do jerky.

Thanks looks delicious! :cool:

thanks mate. I'm really happy with it....

I forgot to mention that:

The recipe above is for about 1kg (2 pound)....I made it 3 times for the amount of jerky you see......

I have never heard of using corned beef as jerky. I will be trying that this week!

Did you re-marinate the corned beef too?
Looks awesome, I love the reddish color it has.

Fd

Nice job Moyboy. I was just thinking yesterday how now that my dehydrator is free from powder making that I need to make some jerky. Thanks for the motivation to get started.

frydad4 said:
I have never heard of using corned beef as jerky. I will be trying that this week!

Did you re-marinate the corned beef too?
Looks awesome, I love the reddish color it has.

Fd

The corned beef is really good.....My brother did about 12 months ago to see how it went and it turned out great so now I do it each time...:)

And yes, I re-marinate the jerky in the above recipe....

I tried a piece of each type this morning after being in the fridge for 12 hours and it is sensational.....I'm really happy with it, and now have days of good eating and smelly farts...:D

You've gotta love a good smelly fart. :rofl: Especially if they are silent and you're in Walmart. :lol:

Watching peoples faces = Priceless! :rofl:

Since I motivated you, just make sure they are silent and then walk away from the spot that you released the noxious fumes. If there are others around, just pick out the goofiest looking person and start to stare at them with a horrified look on your face. Soon, everyone will be looking at him and think "OMG, how could he?" :rofl:

That is pure free priceless fun!

I like the idea of using corned beef. WHat should I look for when buying a piece? Are you 'corning' it yourself? Butcher or supermarket?

RS

ring sting said:
I like the idea of using corned beef. WHat should I look for when buying a piece? Are you 'corning' it yourself? Butcher or supermarket?

RS

I got it already corned from Woolworths. They have 2 types......1 is ultra lean and the other has a layer of fat on one side (for flavour when cooking) I got the lean one.

The one thing I found with the corned beef is that it didn't like being cut to thin.....But that could have been my jerky knife as well????

I used the 3/8 section on my jerky cutting board as it didn't like cutting in the 1/4 side, but it your knife is ultra sharp it shouldn't be a problem....

I made Beef jerky today. I used corned beef, Topside roast, and minced topside.

Recipe:

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp powdered garlic
1 tsp powdered onion
1/4 tsp liquid smoke
1 tsp cayenne powder
1 tbsp of Jack Daniels

I marinated the meat for 36 hours then just before putting the meat in the dehydrator I sprinkled a small amount of BHUT powder over it all.....:violin:

This stuff is HOT but so good.......I'm very happy with the final result....

IMG_1192.jpg

Top is Corned beef
Bottom left is the mince. (half was pushed through a round jerky tube and the other half through a flat jerky tube)
Bottom right is Topside
I dont use no were near as much ingredients when making mine but the amount of chilli i use is from 1 to 5 and it makes your mouth drool heaps and i have made it that hot one dude nearly cried only cause he aint never had anything that hot before but i will say i would really love to try some of your beef jerky sounds really nice oh and i do mine in the oven i set it on 100c for 5 to 6 hours comes out just that way i like it not soft almost hard and chewy

Back