Hot lollipops

I don't know how many here get the Chile Pepper magazine, but in this months issue was a good write up about a CA-based company, Hotlix. They specialize in making hard candy that includes insect lollipops. But more interesting is that they also make Jalapeño, Habanero and chile flavored lollipops. They say on their web site that these lollipops are made with real peppers. Here's a link to them. http://www.hotlix.com I can't wait to try a Habanero lollipop. I think I can pass on the insect lollipops though. :lol:

At a fiery foods show once a guy was selling Habanero cotton candy.
They had to make it outside wearing a wwII gas mask because the chile powder they mixed with the sugar blew around too much.
The guy said his skin used to burn for days after a show-He'd get covered with Hab Powder at all the shows.
He said he sold too much of the stuff to stop making it.
Stared using a coarser grind to prevent as much powder blowing around.

He said now he got used to it and it doesn't bother him anymore.
Seems like a hazmat suit would be a neccesity if you made Bhut cotton candy...

One of those jobs you love to hate.

smokemaster said:
At a fiery foods show once a guy was selling Habanero cotton candy.
They had to make it outside wearing a wwII gas mask because the chile powder they mixed with the sugar blew around too much.
The guy said his skin used to burn for days after a show-He'd get covered with Hab Powder at all the shows.
He said he sold too much of the stuff to stop making it.
Stared using a coarser grind to prevent as much powder blowing around.

He said now he got used to it and it doesn't bother him anymore.
Seems like a hazmat suit would be a neccesity if you made Bhut cotton candy...

One of those jobs you love to hate.

I've got one word for this dude. Tyvek. All his cotton candy production problems solved.

Candy.jpg

These are habanero flavored jolly ranchers, I make them as lollipops as well but am out of sticks right now they are hot.

Back